Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default oscillating multi tool accessories

I have a word multi tool .... Occasionally I have to polish stainless steel propellers .... use various grades of wet & dry then use Autosol .. takes quite a time and very tiring on fingers.
Thought using the tool an option if I could get felt pads (or similar) and use with Autosol.
Anybody come across such an item.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rick Hughes wrote:

Anybody come across such an item.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/fein-polishing-pad-starlock-508748

cheaper looking items on amazon USA, nothing immediately popped up on
amazon UK.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Rick Hughes Wrote in message:
I have a word multi tool .... Occasionally I have to polish stainless steel propellers .... use various grades of wet & dry then use Autosol .. takes quite a time and very tiring on fingers.
Thought using the tool an option if I could get felt pads (or similar) and use with Autosol.
Anybody come across such an item.

Did you Goggle?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/14/2017 9:48 PM, Rick Hughes wrote:
I have a word multi tool .... Occasionally I have to polish stainless steel propellers .... use various grades of wet & dry then use Autosol .. takes quite a time and very tiring on fingers.
Thought using the tool an option if I could get felt pads (or similar) and use with Autosol.
Anybody come across such an item.

I suppose you mean Worx?

I would not have said a multi tool is the right thing for polishing, you
really want much higher sliding speeds. You don't say what size or type
of propellor.

If it is for models, you can get various types of felt pad for Dremel
type machines.

If for something larger, cars are usually polished with something like
an angle grider, but with a buffing pad.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/07/2017 21:56, jim wrote:
Rick Hughes Wrote in message:
I have a worx multi tool .... Occasionally I have to polish stainless steel propellers .... use various grades of wet & dry then use Autosol .. takes quite a time and very tiring on fingers.
Thought using the tool an option if I could get felt pads (or similar) and use with Autosol.
Anybody come across such an item.

Did you Goggle?

I did .. found loads of cutter, scrapers, chisels, mortar rakes, and
various sanding grades ... but no 'felt' pads

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2017 21:10, newshound wrote:
On 7/14/2017 9:48 PM, Rick Hughes wrote:
I have a worx multi tool .... Occasionally I have to polish stainless
steel propellers .... use various grades of wet & dry then use Autosol
.. takes quite a time and very tiring on fingers.
Thought using the tool an option if I could get felt pads (or similar)
and use with Autosol.
Anybody come across such an item.

I suppose you mean Worx?

Yes - auto corrcect error

I would not have said a multi tool is the right thing for polishing, you
really want much higher sliding speeds. You don't say what size or type
of propellor.

The props are 14" diameter , curved (cupped) blades.

Autosol does a good job, just hard work on the fingers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/15/2017 10:15 PM, rick wrote:
On 15/07/2017 21:10, newshound wrote:
On 7/14/2017 9:48 PM, Rick Hughes wrote:
I have a worx multi tool .... Occasionally I have to polish stainless
steel propellers .... use various grades of wet & dry then use
Autosol .. takes quite a time and very tiring on fingers.
Thought using the tool an option if I could get felt pads (or
similar) and use with Autosol.
Anybody come across such an item.

I suppose you mean Worx?

Yes - auto corrcect error

I would not have said a multi tool is the right thing for polishing,
you really want much higher sliding speeds. You don't say what size or
type of propellor.

The props are 14" diameter , curved (cupped) blades.

Autosol does a good job, just hard work on the fingers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-...polishing+tool

With autosol if you like, or just an ordinary rouge type polishing compound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

rick Wrote in message:
On 14/07/2017 21:56, jim wrote:
Rick Hughes Wrote in message:
I have a worx multi tool .... Occasionally I have to polish stainless steel propellers .... use various grades of wet & dry then use Autosol .. takes quite a time and very tiring on fingers.
Thought using the tool an option if I could get felt pads (or similar) and use with Autosol.
Anybody come across such an item.

Did you Goggle?

I did .. found loads of cutter, scrapers, chisels, mortar rakes, and
various sanding grades ... but no 'felt' pads

So if you Goggle

Multitool felt pad

What do you get?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 15 July 2017 22:12:37 UTC+1, rick wrote:
On 14/07/2017 21:56, jim wrote:
Rick Hughes Wrote in message:
I have a worx multi tool .... Occasionally I have to polish stainless steel propellers .... use various grades of wet & dry then use Autosol .. takes quite a time and very tiring on fingers.
Thought using the tool an option if I could get felt pads (or similar) and use with Autosol.
Anybody come across such an item.

Did you Goggle?

I did .. found loads of cutter, scrapers, chisels, mortar rakes, and
various sanding grades ... but no 'felt' pads

now you know why. I daresay you could make your own if you won't spring for a more suitable tool.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2017 22:24, newshound wrote:
[...]

These are good on large flat areas, or gentle curves, but don't think it
would be able to get it between blades, and certainly not of area
between blades.