Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default !/2" to 15mm pushfit

I've a need to join copper 1/2" and plastic 15mm hot and cold water
pipes. Will a straightforward 15mm pushfit coupler work?

I see Speedfit do a 1/2" to 15mm coupler, but I'd have thought to 0.1mm
or so between the 2 pipes would be within tolerance - and 1/2 pipe
varies anyway, depending on wall thickness.

I can partly answer my own question because I did try 15mm pushfit stops
on 1/2 pipe once and it didn't work (too loose, leaked) - although the
pipe may have been misshaped or something.
--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 22:21:48 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
I've a need to join copper 1/2" and plastic 15mm hot and cold water
pipes. Will a straightforward 15mm pushfit coupler work?

I see Speedfit do a 1/2" to 15mm coupler, but I'd have thought to 0.1mm
or so between the 2 pipes would be within tolerance - and 1/2 pipe
varies anyway, depending on wall thickness.

I can partly answer my own question because I did try 15mm pushfit stops
on 1/2 pipe once and it didn't work (too loose, leaked) - although the
pipe may have been misshaped or something.
--
Cheers, Rob

As you already know the answer, why ask?

15mm pipe 1/2" BSP tap conector won't fit Grohe tap [email protected] UK diy 6 February 6th 16 05:25 PM
15mm/½" pipe fittings PeterC UK diy 27 April 30th 11 10:43 PM
How to tell if pipes are 15mm or 1/2" PeteS[_3_] UK diy 3 December 4th 10 10:09 AM
Male threading of 15mm compression and 1/2" female asalcedo UK diy 11 October 29th 10 12:19 PM
Does exist a 15mm pre-bent copper pipe section with tight (approx 15mm radius) bend Peter UK diy 3 August 28th 05 02:57 PM