Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (OT) Windows 10 and Panasonic Videocam Suite

Hi all

Not a DIY topic but I don't know who else to ask and I'm sure there's a knowledgeable person in this group somewhere.

I have a Panasonic video camera which I have not used for a few years. I have a CD to install Panasonic VideoCam Suite 2.0 which worked perfectly well on my old PC running Windows XP. I have just tried to load it on my current laptop running Windows 10 but I get an error message saying it's not compatible.

Where do I go from here!? How do I get a compatible version of VideoCam Suite or can anybody recommend another piece of software available which will do the job.

Thanks
Petek
Posted to uk.d-i-y

petek wrote:
Hi all

Not a DIY topic but I don't know who else to ask and I'm sure there's
a knowledgeable person in this group somewhere.

I have a Panasonic video camera which I have not used for a few
years. I have a CD to install Panasonic VideoCam Suite 2.0 which
worked perfectly well on my old PC running Windows XP. I have just
tried to load it on my current laptop running Windows 10 but I get an
error message saying it's not compatible.

Where do I go from here!? How do I get a compatible version of
VideoCam Suite or can anybody recommend another piece of software
available which will do the job.

alt.comp.os.windows-10

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
Hi all

Not a DIY topic but I don't know who else to ask and I'm sure there's a knowledgeable person in this group somewhere.

I have a Panasonic video camera which I have not used for a few years. I have a CD to install Panasonic VideoCam Suite 2.0

Took seconds to find a Windows 7/8 update using google.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...oad/index.html

Good luck!

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 8:54:39 PM UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
Hi all

Not a DIY topic but I don't know who else to ask and I'm sure there's a knowledgeable person in this group somewhere.

I have a Panasonic video camera which I have not used for a few years. I have a CD to install Panasonic VideoCam Suite 2.0

Took seconds to find a Windows 7/8 update using google.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...oad/index.html

Good luck!

--
Adrian C

Yes, I found that myself, but I have Windows 10 not Windows 7/8. Can't find anything relating to Windows 10 installation of VideoCam Suite 2.0. Perhaps it doesn't exist!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
Hi all

Not a DIY topic but I don't know who else to ask and I'm sure there's a knowledgeable person in this group somewhere.

I have a Panasonic video camera which I have not used for a few years. I have a CD to install Panasonic VideoCam Suite 2.0

Took seconds to find a Windows 7/8 update using google.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...oad/index.html

Good luck!

--
Adrian C

Yes, I found that myself, but I have Windows 10 not Windows 7/8. Can't find anything relating to Windows 10 installation of VideoCam Suite 2.0. Perhaps it doesn't exist!

I'd say you'd have more than a fighting chance being successful with
that on 10.

The only fly in the ointment, is if you have a 64-bit build of the OS,
and for some reason (hardware driver?) there is a dependency on 32-bit.
But if so, Panasonic would have mentioned it on that website as 7/8 are
also afflicted by that.

Try it. The instructions given are equally relevant to 10. Seems it
checks your existing CD to know you are worthy of the upgrade.

You can also run the installation programs in compatibility mode for
Windows 7/8 if any weirdness happens running them straight.

Or, turn UAC off, etc...

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
[...]

Oddly enough I will also be looking at Pany software for Win 10. I had
been running Pinnacle 15 under 8.1 for my Pany camcorder, and it won't
run on 10.

I used to find the humble Windows Movie Maker more than adequate for
simple "home videos" and it is depressing that that has now gone. Groove
Music is a disaster on my desktop but at least you can still run Windows
Media Player under 10.

I now have Mint and Ubuntu boxes, Freenas, Android on the phones and
tablets, and a MacBook Pro. I'm quite tempted to try to take the "main"
desktop back to 7!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
Hi all

Not a DIY topic but I don't know who else to ask and I'm sure there's a knowledgeable person in this group somewhere.

I have a Panasonic video camera which I have not used for a few years. I have a CD to install Panasonic VideoCam Suite 2.0 which worked perfectly well on my old PC running Windows XP. I have just tried to load it on my current laptop running Windows 10 but I get an error message saying it's not compatible.

Where do I go from here!? How do I get a compatible version of VideoCam Suite or can anybody recommend another piece of software available which will do the job.

Thanks
Petek

What does videocam suite DO?

Friends Panasonic video cam I just plugged into a linux machine, and
downloaded the videos off it.

What else do you need to do?

Lucas Bergkamp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
[...]

Video editor?

Open****.

All platforms
http://www.openshot.org/

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
[...]

Afraid you've lost me there Adrian in the technical stuff! I'm 70 years old and only just managing to keep my head above water with modern technology. Anyway, I'll try the 7/8 download but it appears to be an upgrade rather than a new installation. Anyway, as I say, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the reply.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 10:21:41 PM UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
[...]

Replying to The Natural Philosopher - I used VideoCam to download videos from the camcorder to the PC, which it appears to have stored as .MPG files. My laptop won't open these as it says they are not supported. Hence I'm trying to install VideoCam on my laptop to no avail. I also used VideoCam to create DVD copies of my videos for passing on to family/friends. I understood it also contained editing facilities but I never used these.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Philosopher wrote:
On 10/04/17 19:52, petek wrote:
Hi all

Not a DIY topic but I don't know who else to ask and I'm sure
there's a knowledgeable person in this group somewhere.

I have a Panasonic video camera which I have not used for a few
years. I have a CD to install Panasonic VideoCam Suite 2.0 which
worked perfectly well on my old PC running Windows XP. I have
just tried to load it on my current laptop running Windows 10 but
I get an error message saying it's not compatible.

Where do I go from here!? How do I get a compatible version of
VideoCam Suite or can anybody recommend another piece of software
available which will do the job.

Thanks Petek

What does videocam suite DO?

Friends Panasonic video cam I just plugged into a linux machine,
and downloaded the videos off it.

What else do you need to do?

-- "In our post-modern world, climate science is not powerful
because it is true: it is true because it is powerful."

Lucas Bergkamp

Replying to The Natural Philosopher - I used VideoCam to download
videos from the camcorder to the PC, which it appears to have stored
as .MPG files. My laptop won't open these as it says they are not
supported. Hence I'm trying to install VideoCam on my laptop to no
avail. I also used VideoCam to create DVD copies of my videos for
passing on to family/friends. I understood it also contained editing
facilities but I never used these.

Openshot and DVD styler are what you want for editing videos and
creating DVDS respectively and VLC will play the MPGs.

http://www.openshot.org
http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/
http://www.videolan.org/index.html

All of these are high quality freeware/shareware.

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

All platforms
http://www.openshot.org/

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but that looks to be 64 bit only. I use
W10 32 bit.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/17 07:21, Graeme wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

All platforms
http://www.openshot.org/

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but that looks to be 64 bit only. I use
W10 32 bit.

Good grief. Sorry. I didn't realise win10 even CAME in 32bit!

Who on earth makes 32 bit kit these days?

I wouldn't even start to edit videos on a 32 bit machine...

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/17 07:21, Graeme wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
http://www.openshot.org/

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but that looks to be 64 bit only. I use
W10 32 bit.

Good grief. Sorry. I didn't realise win10 even CAME in 32bit!

grin It does on this laptop

Who on earth makes 32 bit kit these days?

Ah. I wanted 32 bit for compatibility with Turnpike. Yes, I could have
played with VM under 64 bit, but that all sounds a little scary.

I wouldn't even start to edit videos on a 32 bit machine...

Indeed :-(
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/17 07:21, Graeme wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
http://www.openshot.org/

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but that looks to be 64 bit only. I use
W10 32 bit.

Good grief. Sorry. I didn't realise win10 even CAME in 32bit!

grin It does on this laptop

Who on earth makes 32 bit kit these days?

Ah. I wanted 32 bit for compatibility with Turnpike. Yes, I could have
played with VM under 64 bit, but that all sounds a little scary.

I wouldn't even start to edit videos on a 32 bit machine...

Indeed :-(

Mmm. yep I know. That's why I have a 32 bit XP VM on this machine. So I
can run old crap that still has legs

Install linux and then use an XP VM for turnpike
:-)

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

Install linux and then use an XP VM for turnpike
:-)

But then I'm back to running a VM :-(
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/17 09:46, Graeme wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

Install linux and then use an XP VM for turnpike
:-)

But then I'm back to running a VM :-(

Its not such an issue to be honest.

On my SSD booting te VM XP takes about 8 secs, and restoring from
suspend about 2, and I have enough RAM to leave it up permanently.

Turnpike would almost certainly work with WINE as well.

"Although no Linux port was produced, all versions worked satisfactorily
under packages such as the proprietary Win4Lin. Versions up to and
including 5 also worked quite well under Wine"

sez wiki...

its shoes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Graeme
escribió:

But then I'm back to running a VM :-(

VirtualBox is reliable, easy to use and free.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/17 02:31, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Graeme
escribió:

But then I'm back to running a VM :-(

VirtualBox is reliable, easy to use and free.

Bit of a RAM eater, but thats all.
Very stable these days

let them."

leather suite wendy UK diy 7 April 20th 09 02:07 PM
En-suite bathroom jon UK diy 5 October 27th 06 09:10 AM
en-suite shower/wc ianw UK diy 3 March 13th 06 11:45 AM
En-suite toilet jason UK diy 8 January 13th 06 09:23 AM
Getting suite through door? Terry Pinnell UK diy 23 September 8th 04 11:09 PM