Posted to uk.d-i-y
jason

Default En-suite toilet

I'm back again with another question regarding my loft conversion...

Is there any regulation / ruling that states my en-suite toilet must
have be behind a door? Obviously i would prefer it this way (don't want
to be sitting on the throne only to be interrupted by kids running into
loft!!) but the way it's left, i don't think my builder has any
intention of putting one on!! Before i whinge to him, i wanted to know
if it's a requirement of the regulations and if so, it would be great
if someone knew where in the actual regulations it states this.

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews

"jason" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm back again with another question regarding my loft conversion...

Is there any regulation / ruling that states my en-suite toilet must
have be behind a door? Obviously i would prefer it this way (don't want
to be sitting on the throne only to be interrupted by kids running into
loft!!) but the way it's left, i don't think my builder has any
intention of putting one on!! Before i whinge to him, i wanted to know
if it's a requirement of the regulations and if so, it would be great
if someone knew where in the actual regulations it states this.

Thanks.

Surely, it's a requirement if you say it's a requirement? Is the builder
working for you or a goverment department?
What did it say in the plans that you gave the builder?

Whinge is the wrong word - he should be working for you, doing what you
require.

Paul (Who has encountered builders who are just there "doing you a favour"
by being there, out of the kindness of their heart (and a big pot of
money!))

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Is there any regulation / ruling that states my en-suite toilet must
have be behind a door?

I'm afraid not, as I understand it. It may not be in the same room as a food
preparation area. Its associated hand basin may not been in the same room as
a food preparation area. However, I believe a toilet and its basin may be
installed in any other room. Indeed, in some buildings, such as prison
cells, it can be the norm.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews

"jason" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm back again with another question regarding my loft conversion...

Is there any regulation / ruling that states my en-suite toilet must
have be behind a door? Obviously i would prefer it this way (don't want
to be sitting on the throne only to be interrupted by kids running into
loft!!) but the way it's left, i don't think my builder has any
intention of putting one on!! Before i whinge to him, i wanted to know
if it's a requirement of the regulations and if so, it would be great
if someone knew where in the actual regulations it states this.

Thanks.

OK Jason - what happened?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
tarquinlinbin

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:03:30 GMT, "Paul Andrews"
wrote:

"jason" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm back again with another question regarding my loft conversion...

Is there any regulation / ruling that states my en-suite toilet must
have be behind a door? Obviously i would prefer it this way (don't want
to be sitting on the throne only to be interrupted by kids running into
loft!!) but the way it's left, i don't think my builder has any
intention of putting one on!! Before i whinge to him, i wanted to know
if it's a requirement of the regulations and if so, it would be great
if someone knew where in the actual regulations it states this.

Thanks.

OK Jason - what happened?

As an aside,whats the big deal with everyone wanting en-suites anyway?
I dont want the faint whiff of fart drifting round my bedroom when i'm
having a lie in

http://www.no2id.org/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jason wrote:
I'm back again with another question regarding my loft conversion...

Is there any regulation / ruling that states my en-suite toilet must
have be behind a door? Obviously i would prefer it this way (don't want
to be sitting on the throne only to be interrupted by kids running into
loft!!) but the way it's left, i don't think my builder has any
intention of putting one on!! Before i whinge to him, i wanted to know
if it's a requirement of the regulations and if so, it would be great
if someone knew where in the actual regulations it states this.

Thanks.

Don't know about the regs but if I saw an en-suite toilet without a
door I'd think someone was having a laugh or had run out of cash.
Privacy aside you don't want toilet smells going around the whole room.

Any builders you get, good or bad, you need to kick their arses from
day one. Listen to their advice but don't let them dictate to you. They
will ALWAYS cut corners if they can get away with it.
Another favourite, I've found, is to say 'yes' to everything you tell
them to do and then totally ignore it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:16:25 +0000, tarquinlinbin
wrote:

As an aside,whats the big deal with everyone wanting en-suites anyway?
I dont want the faint whiff of fart drifting round my bedroom when i'm
having a lie in

Bugger a "faint whiff of fart".

What about the sound of a "triple flutter blast" when you are just
waking up.

;-)

DG
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Derek ^
writes
wrote:

As an aside,whats the big deal with everyone wanting en-suites anyway?
I dont want the faint whiff of fart drifting round my bedroom when i'm
having a lie in

Bugger a "faint whiff of fart".

Surely, farting would be difficult during buggery

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jason

Door has been fitted and i've also had an extractor put in. Loft is
almost finished now... just a few minor problems to iron out.