backy

Default Electric shower upgrade - thermostatic?

Firstly, I know they are pants, but I'm stuck with an electric shower!
I want to replace our RUBBISH Triton t80 with probably a Mira Advance
9ish kw (electrics will be OK - I'm not fitting it!) . The Triton is
good fun in that the temp moves from boiling hot to freezing cold in
seconds for whatever reason. The thermostatic Mira sounds good but I
am a bit concerned:
Don't all showers claim to keep the water temp constant no matter what
else is happening to the cold supply (my triton doesn't but is on its
last legs)? If that is so, is it worth getting a thermo one? My main
concern is that the spec says that as a safety feature, the shower
will cut out if the pressure drops too low - I have visions of it
constantly stoppping mid lather due to toilet flushing etc.

Also, roughly how much money/upheaval/joy/pain would be involved in
fitting a water softener? In East london it's not just the schoolkids
that are bl**dy hard!
Help would be much appreciated.
PJ

Default Help with a blind fixing

I am trying to find a source for this fixing.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/67281/Fixing.jpg

It fastens a blank panel on a sink unit.
Apologies for the picture but my ASCII art could not cope.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Baker

Subject: Help with a blind fixing
From: "PJ"
Date: 06/02/04 03:15 GMT Standard Time

I am trying to find a source for this fixing.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/67281/Fixing.jpg

It fastens a blank panel on a sink unit.
Apologies for the picture but my ASCII art could not cope.
Any help would be appreciated.

The fixing has the manufacturers name on it and Google has their address. Why
don't you ask them?

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.
PJ

From: "PJ"
Date: 06/02/04 03:15 GMT Standard Time

I am trying to find a source for this fixing.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/67281/Fixing.jpg

It fastens a blank panel on a sink unit.
Apologies for the picture but my ASCII art could not cope.
Any help would be appreciated.

The fixing has the manufacturers name on it and Google has their address.

Why
don't you ask them?

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do

though.

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the response. I presumed ASA plastics of Wigan would produce a
short run of these for a particular cabinet manufacturer. I found a lot of
plastic moulding companies in the north west and since none of them have a
web presence or email addresses I thought that they would not deal with the
public.

But as usual, I may be wrong.

Many householders have a blank panel under the kitchen sink and I assumed
that someone might have seen this type of fixing in a DIY catalogue. I have
looked through Screwfix and B&Q sites without success.

PJ

Lurch

Thanks for the response. I presumed ASA plastics of Wigan would produce a
short run of these for a particular cabinet manufacturer. I found a lot of
plastic moulding companies in the north west and since none of them have a
web presence or email addresses I thought that they would not deal with the
public.

If you were to ring them you'd find out.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Frank

"backy" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Had a Mira for a few years now and would be my only choice if you can't or
don't want a power shower, they are the only ones I've used that keeps the
temperature the same no matter what the pressure is ( any of the other
showers where the "temp" control just acts as valve for adjusting the flow
rate can't adjust the temp itself properly, on the Mira it is a real
temperature control, it will always be the same regardless off incoming
pressure and temperature ), and the pressure has to be very low before it
will cut out, you can also disassemble the heater unit on them to properly
descale them if need be

Thermostatic shower problem Cubik UK diy 30 January 13th 04 10:48 PM
Thermostatic or electric shower from combi Enoesque UK diy 27 October 8th 03 11:53 AM
Replacing electric shower - advice? Marshal Anderson UK diy 2 September 15th 03 02:18 PM
Electric shower Matt G UK diy 2 July 16th 03 10:38 PM
electric shower doesn't run cold - - advice please! Andrea UK diy 4 July 12th 03 07:59 AM