Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
backy

Default Electric shower upgrade - thermostatic?

Firstly, I know they are pants, but I'm stuck with an electric shower!
I want to replace our RUBBISH Triton t80 with probably a Mira Advance
9ish kw (electrics will be OK - I'm not fitting it!) . The Triton is
good fun in that the temp moves from boiling hot to freezing cold in
seconds for whatever reason. The thermostatic Mira sounds good but I
am a bit concerned:
Don't all showers claim to keep the water temp constant no matter what
else is happening to the cold supply (my triton doesn't but is on its
last legs)? If that is so, is it worth getting a thermo one? My main
concern is that the spec says that as a safety feature, the shower
will cut out if the pressure drops too low - I have visions of it
constantly stoppping mid lather due to toilet flushing etc.

Also, roughly how much money/upheaval/joy/pain would be involved in
fitting a water softener? In East london it's not just the schoolkids
that are bl**dy hard!
Help would be much appreciated.

Thermostatic shower problem Cubik UK diy 30 January 13th 04 10:48 PM
Thermostatic or electric shower from combi Enoesque UK diy 27 October 8th 03 11:53 AM
Replacing electric shower - advice? Marshal Anderson UK diy 2 September 15th 03 02:18 PM
Electric shower Matt G UK diy 2 July 16th 03 10:38 PM
electric shower doesn't run cold - - advice please! Andrea UK diy 4 July 12th 03 07:59 AM