Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Protecting CCTV camera Cat5 plug and socket outdoors

I need to connect PoE CCTV cameras (HikVision DS-2CD2042WD-I) to Cat5
cabling outdoors. The cabling that came with the cameras has plugs
already installed at each end and the camera instructions say to cut one
plug off, thread the cable through a supplied tube and gland, and then
crimp a new plug onto the cable before connecting the plug and the
camera's socket inside the weatherproof tube.

If I can, I would prefer to leave the plug on and hide the connected
plug and socket inside a weatherproof enclosure.
As well as avoiding the possibility of poor connections, this would
also ensure that the unused power connector from the camera would be out
of the weather too.

Can anyone suggest such an enclosure? All the ones I have found so far
would need to plug removing or are silly money.

CCTV Camera DerbyBorn[_5_] UK diy 7 October 22nd 14 07:26 PM
Using wiring for attic light socket as plug socket? paulfoel UK diy 69 February 15th 14 08:29 AM
CCTV camera info Steve B[_13_] Home Repair 0 September 6th 12 04:31 PM
IP based security camera for outdoors -- Recommendation Needed Alex Home Repair 4 April 22nd 11 08:12 PM
CCTV camera mattyh UK diy 10 August 16th 07 07:39 PM