Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default No way is that going to work

The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?
--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 26/02/2017 16:36, jim wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

Explosively?

Cameras trained?

I don't have a camera covering their back garden.

This is the first time in my life I have locked the cat in.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 February 2017 16:49:31 UTC, ARW wrote:
I don't have a camera covering their back garden.

Now's the time to start

This is the first time in my life I have locked the cat in.

I'd lock the cat in the car and start driving.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

ARW Wrote in message:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

Explosively?

Cameras trained?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 February 2017 17:02:12 UTC, GB wrote:
Plus, we only ever had mongrel cats, and they are easy to replace.

One could say the same about women and children, but I think Adam likes his cat as an individual rather than a commodity furbaby.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@b
lueyonder.co.uk escribió:

This is the first time in my life I have locked the cat in.

Me too, but only because the filthy slut is pregnant and looking for
somewhere to have her kittens.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back
garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

That's life on a Council estate.
Grow a pair and move.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

lueyonder.co.uk escribió:

This is the first time in my life I have locked the cat in.

Me too, but only because the filthy slut is pregnant and looking for
somewhere to have her kittens.

The last thing you want is for her to give birth in the house. Lock her
out, not in!

(You can see why we had quite a turnover of cats.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , GB
escribió:

The last thing you want is for her to give birth in the house.

Is it that bad? Cat midwifery newbie here...

Lock her
out, not in!

Storm Ewen raging outside at the mo. And I'm rather fond of her

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 February 2017 02:32:05 UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
The last thing you want is for her to give birth in the house.

Is it that bad? Cat midwifery newbie here...

It's perfectly civilised in a cardboard box in the spare room.

If she decides to give birth in the middle of your bed you may be less delighted about sleeping on the sofa for a month.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
escribió:

It's perfectly civilised in a cardboard box in the spare room.

That's what I've done, with her favourite blanket. She still seems to
fancy one of the empty pockets in my canvas shoe organiser, though.

http://tinyurl.com/zvnvp5z

If she decides to give birth in the middle of your bed you may be less delighted
about sleeping on the sofa for a month

Warning noted. Ta.

Given the furious wriggling going on in her stomach I'm expecting them
to burst out of her chest Alien-style any day now. I've decided to name
the kittens after the crew of the Nostromo.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
ARW wrote:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back
garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

That's life on a Council estate.
Grow a pair and move.

Surely it takes a bigger pair to stay and deal with/tolerate the
situation!
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't forget to let us know what happens. I remember a fire some years ago
when some empty butane cannisters went up, literally from the middle of a
fire. Came down 5 gardens away.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
news
ARW wrote:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back
garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

That's life on a Council estate.
Grow a pair and move.

Surely it takes a bigger pair to stay and deal with/tolerate the
situation!
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/02/2017 09:37, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo ,
escribió:

It's perfectly civilised in a cardboard box in the spare room.

That's what I've done, with her favourite blanket. She still seems to
fancy one of the empty pockets in my canvas shoe organiser, though.

http://tinyurl.com/zvnvp5z

There's usually a lot of mess involved in giving birth - blood and
mucus. So, you can expect to throw away whatever she gives birth on. Or
wash it if you are not at all squeamish. Put plastic under to protect
the carpet.

It's only a canvas shoe organiser, but it doesn't look washable. It
isn't waterproof, so it won't protect the carpet.

DON'T let her give birth on your bed, as you'll need new bedding and
quite possibly a new mattress.

If she decides to give birth in the middle of your bed you may be less delighted
about sleeping on the sofa for a month

Warning noted. Ta.

Given the furious wriggling going on in her stomach I'm expecting them
to burst out of her chest Alien-style any day now. I've decided to name
the kittens after the crew of the Nostromo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Don't forget to let us know what happens. I remember a fire some years ago
when some empty butane cannisters went up, literally from the middle of a
fire. Came down 5 gardens away.

Happened here.
Forgotten small size *empty* acetylene cylinder and farm arson blaze.
Found the shell about 200m away.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , GB
escribió:

There's usually a lot of mess involved in giving birth - blood and
mucus. So, you can expect to throw away whatever she gives birth on. Or
wash it if you are not at all squeamish. Put plastic under to protect
the carpet.

I have done, thanks. (It's a tiled floor, but have laid plastic anyway)

It's only a canvas shoe organiser, but it doesn't look washable. It
isn't waterproof, so it won't protect the carpet.

oh, I was joking. No way is she going to birth in there. It'll be the
box I've prepped for her, or on towels and old bed linen I have at the
ready.

DON'T let her give birth on your bed, as you'll need new bedding and
quite possibly a new mattress.

Not going to happen but thanks for the warning.

This is going to be an interesting experience, I've not seen a live
animal birth before. She seems very calm and unconcerned about it all,
I'm the one that's a bag of nerves.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:36:52 +0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artÃ*culo , GB
escribió:

DON'T let her give birth on your bed, as you'll need new bedding and
quite possibly a new mattress.

Not going to happen but thanks for the warning.

This is going to be an interesting experience, I've not seen a live
animal birth before. She seems very calm and unconcerned about it all,
I'm the one that's a bag of nerves.

I'm told that as a very young child I was found watching with fascination
as one of the cats gave birth to kittens.

Since then I've been at the birth of pups, lambs, calves and children.

The one I do not recommend is watching your wife give birth shudder!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/02/2017 14:36, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , GB
escribió:

[...]

The best advice I can give is "do not interfere or fuss her".

Expect her to choose somewhere completely different to the box you have
prepped (the last cat I know that had kittens chose the piano stool to
give birth).

Keep an eye on her and ONLY if things look to be going badly should you
make an intervention. There are some good guides on the internet.

All the best and we expect photos of the little ones.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/02/2017 14:53, Mark Allread wrote:

The one I do not recommend is watching your wife give birth shudder!

What are views on the people that delight in filming that?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 February 2017 18:06:25 UTC, ARW wrote:
The one I do not recommend is watching your wife give birth shudder!

What are views on the people that delight in filming that?

I like the ones where they drop the baby.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/02/2017 18:04, ARW wrote:

Expect her to choose somewhere completely different to the box you have
prepped (the last cat I know that had kittens chose the piano stool to
give birth).

Who needs a half-eaten placenta in their piano stool?

That's why I suggested locking the cat out of the house until after the
birth.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

lueyonder.co.uk escribió:

The best advice I can give is "do not interfere or fuss her".

Expect her to choose somewhere completely different to the box you have
prepped (the last cat I know that had kittens chose the piano stool to
give birth).

Keep an eye on her and ONLY if things look to be going badly should you
make an intervention

Thanks for that. Duly noted.

This was the first hit I got when googling, which backs up what you've
said above.

https://www.purina.co.uk/cats/key-li...at-labour-and-
giving-birth

All the best and we expect photos of the little ones.

Of course. I'll leave her in peace but won't get a wink of sleep
tonight.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back
garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

That's life on a Council estate.
Grow a pair and move.

Surely it takes a bigger pair to stay and deal with/tolerate the
situation!

And move next door to Pounder with his plastic butterflies?

I just want to know how the thick ****s expect a metal BBQ to burn on a
bonfire.

I also hope that they have removed the gas canister.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , GB
escribió:

That's why I suggested locking the cat out of the house until after the
birth.

Oh, that's cruel. Forecast to be below freezing tonight.

I've left blankets and old bedding in strategic quiet, warm places in
the house, left the heating on and will have to hope she chooses one.
Bedroom doors are closed. Fortunately, I don't have a piano stool.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

DON'T let her give birth on your bed, as you'll need new bedding and
quite possibly a new mattress.

Not going to happen but thanks for the warning.

This is going to be an interesting experience, I've not seen a live
animal birth before. She seems very calm and unconcerned about it all,
I'm the one that's a bag of nerves.

The best advice I can give is "do not interfere or fuss her".

Expect her to choose somewhere completely different to the box you have
prepped (the last cat I know that had kittens chose the piano stool to
give birth).

Keep an eye on her and ONLY if things look to be going badly should you
make an intervention. There are some good guides on the internet.

All the best and we expect photos of the little ones.

Good advice there. Providing an array of boxes in various places can increase the odds of her choosing one of them... to almost 10%. Cats need to give birth indoors or the kittens are at much greater risk from fatal hypothermia & predators.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/02/2017 18:42, GB wrote:
On 27/02/2017 18:04, ARW wrote:

Expect her to choose somewhere completely different to the box you have
prepped (the last cat I know that had kittens chose the piano stool to
give birth).

Who needs a half-eaten placenta in their piano stool?

That's why I suggested locking the cat out of the house until after the
birth.

A cracking suggestion and one that I will forget. Kittens need warmth.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/02/2017 18:57, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , GB
escribió:

That's why I suggested locking the cat out of the house until after the
birth.

Oh, that's cruel. Forecast to be below freezing tonight.

Yes, I suppose there are other considerations than just preserving the
home furnishings.

I've left blankets and old bedding in strategic quiet, warm places in
the house, left the heating on and will have to hope she chooses one.
Bedroom doors are closed. Fortunately, I don't have a piano stool.

Well, good luck, and hopefully we'll be able to congratulate you in the
morning.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

lueyonder.co.uk escribió:

The best advice I can give is "do not interfere or fuss her".

Expect her to choose somewhere completely different to the box you have
prepped (the last cat I know that had kittens chose the piano stool to
give birth).

Keep an eye on her and ONLY if things look to be going badly should you
make an intervention

Thanks for that. Duly noted.

This was the first hit I got when googling, which backs up what you've
said above.

https://www.purina.co.uk/cats/key-li...at-labour-and-
giving-birth

All the best and we expect photos of the little ones.

Of course. I'll leave her in peace but won't get a wink of sleep
tonight.

If she has gone into labour I expect the pair of you "to have kittens"
all night:-)

She will be fine.

And in six weeks time you will need new curtains and a new settee.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 18:06:24 +0000, ARW wrote:

On 27/02/2017 14:53, Mark Allread wrote:

The one I do not recommend is watching your wife give birth shudder!

What are views on the people that delight in filming that?

Just so long as they don't show them to me. I guess that viewing through
a lens whilst filming may lead to a degree of abstraction bit like
watching on the television. But I don't see the point of it anyway
(filming, not giving birth!)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 26/02/2017 21:23, TheChief wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
ARW wrote:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back
garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

That's life on a Council estate.
Grow a pair and move.

Surely it takes a bigger pair to stay and deal with/tolerate the
situation!

I do not have to"deal with/tolerate the situation"
No man with balls lives on a pikey council estate.

And move next door to Pounder with his plastic butterflies?

I've had fabric ones, they do not last long.
My plastic butterflies have lasted for years and still look good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back
garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

That's life on a Council estate.
Grow a pair and move.

Surely it takes a bigger pair to stay and deal with/tolerate the
situation!

I do not have to"deal with/tolerate the situation"
No man with balls lives on a pikey council estate.

And move next door to Pounder with his plastic butterflies?

I've had fabric ones, they do not last long.
My plastic butterflies have lasted for years and still look good.

Is this a new use of the words "look good" that that I have never met
before?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
The next door neighbours have started to build a fire in the back
garden.

I wonder how the gas BBQ will burn?

That's life on a Council estate.
Grow a pair and move.

Surely it takes a bigger pair to stay and deal with/tolerate the
situation!

I do not have to"deal with/tolerate the situation"
No man with balls lives on a pikey council estate.

And move next door to Pounder with his plastic butterflies?

I've had fabric ones, they do not last long.
My plastic butterflies have lasted for years and still look good.

Is this a new use of the words "look good" that that I have never met
before?

Yes. People with more than one brain cell will understand this.
In your case it would seem that you are too stupid to understand what a
nice garden looks like.
Would you like to post the pic of that stinking cat having a **** in your
pikey council estate hovel back garden?
Oh, how we laughed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 February 2017 18:56:58 UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Of course. I'll leave her in peace but won't get a wink of sleep
tonight.

Is it too late to get a camera with night vision set up?

Owain