Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Simple arithmetic

In article ,
wrote:
2.07 ft seems better. You can easily check against major error by
carefully drawing a diagram, scale 1 cm to 1 ft, on a piece of paper.

Surely you have a drawing prog on your computer to do this more easily?

Something like a free 2D CAD prog would make it easy to check the
dimensions too.

--
*It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-27, Mark wrote:

(Unless something incorrectly gives you 9 of course)

both 1 and 9 are correct depending.....

... on whether you're a ****wit or not.

you are the ****wit for not realising the ambiguity of the missing operator
BODMAS or PEMDAS 6/2x(1+2) or 6/[2(1+2)]

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-27, Mark wrote:

(Unless something incorrectly gives you 9 of course)

both 1 and 9 are correct depending.....

... on whether you're a ****wit or not.

you are the ****wit for not realising the ambiguity of the missing operator
BODMAS or PEMDAS 6/2x(1+2) or 6/[2(1+2)]

Nope. You're still a retard. There is no ambiguity, just 'tards like
you who don't understand the rules and keep reposting these dumb****
memes all over the place.

You're still a retard. There is Huge (sic!) ambiguity.

its shoes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-27, Mark wrote:

(Unless something incorrectly gives you 9 of course)

both 1 and 9 are correct depending.....

... on whether you're a ****wit or not.

you are the ****wit for not realising the ambiguity of the missing
operator
BODMAS or PEMDAS 6/2x(1+2) or 6/[2(1+2)]

Nope. You're still a retard. There is no ambiguity, just 'tards like
you who don't understand the rules and keep reposting these dumb****
memes all over the place.

you are guessing at what the person that wrote 6/2(1+2) meant
if you put that as written into a calculator you are just as likely to get
an answer of 1 as you are of 9
first “Rule” of mathematics is dont make assumptions.

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-27, Mark wrote:

(Unless something incorrectly gives you 9 of course)

both 1 and 9 are correct depending.....

... on whether you're a ****wit or not.

you are the ****wit for not realising the ambiguity of the missing
operator
BODMAS or PEMDAS 6/2x(1+2) or 6/[2(1+2)]

Nope. You're still a retard. There is no ambiguity, just 'tards like
you who don't understand the rules and keep reposting these dumb****
memes all over the place.

you are guessing at what the person that wrote 6/2(1+2) meant
if you put that as written into a calculator you are just as likely to get
an answer of 1 as you are of 9
first €śRule€ť of mathematics is dont make assumptions.

-

I thought it was make it understandable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Sam is offline

On 2017-01-27, Mark wrote:

(Unless something incorrectly gives you 9 of course)

both 1 and 9 are correct depending.....

... on whether you're a ****wit or not.

you are the ****wit for not realising the ambiguity of the missing
operator
BODMAS or PEMDAS 6/2x(1+2) or 6/[2(1+2)]

Nope. You're still a retard. There is no ambiguity, just 'tards like
you who don't understand the rules and keep reposting these dumb****
memes all over the place.

you are guessing at what the person that wrote 6/2(1+2) meant
if you put that as written into a calculator you are just as likely to get
an answer of 1 as you are of 9
first “Rule” of mathematics is dont make assumptions.

-

Well said - and follow the syntax of the package/program that is being used.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/17 16:28, Sam wrote:

On 2017-01-27, Mark wrote:

(Unless something incorrectly gives you 9 of course)

both 1 and 9 are correct depending.....

... on whether you're a ****wit or not.

you are the ****wit for not realising the ambiguity of the missing
operator
BODMAS or PEMDAS 6/2x(1+2) or 6/[2(1+2)]

Nope. You're still a retard. There is no ambiguity, just 'tards like
you who don't understand the rules and keep reposting these dumb****
memes all over the place.

you are guessing at what the person that wrote 6/2(1+2) meant
if you put that as written into a calculator you are just as likely to
get
an answer of 1 as you are of 9
first €śRule€ť of mathematics is dont make assumptions.

-

Well said - and follow the syntax of the package/program that is being
used.

And use brackets to enforce precedence if there is any doubt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 15:20:58 +0000, Mark wrote:

you are guessing at what the person that wrote 6/2(1+2) meant

It's obvious! :-)

It's 6, divided by the result of the call of a function named '2', which
takes an argument of '1+2'.

wish to copy them they can pay me ÂŁ1 a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Sam is offline

On 30/01/17 16:28, Sam wrote:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 30 January 2017 19:13:49 UTC, Sam wrote:
On 30/01/17 16:28, Sam wrote:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y message , Thu, 26
Jan 2017 07:54:01, Graeme posted:

So, Pythagorus tells me the hypotenuse across the square is 14.14 ft.
The circle is 10 ft diameter, so the answer is half of 4.14 ft or 2.1
ft.

This is correct. I think :-)

Pythagoras would have not completely agreed with all that you wrote.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Merlyn Web Site - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/17 16:25, Sam wrote:
On 02/02/2017 23:30, Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.d-i-y message , Thu, 26
Jan 2017 07:54:01, Graeme posted:

So, Pythagorus tells me the hypotenuse across the square is 14.14 ft.
The circle is 10 ft diameter, so the answer is half of 4.14 ft or 2.1
ft.

This is correct. I think :-)

Pythagoras would have not completely agreed with all that you wrote.

Why?

Cost he was an argumentative old git, and predates decimal numbers anyway.

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y message ,
Fri, 3 Feb 2017 16:25:13, Sam posted:

On 02/02/2017 23:30, Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.d-i-y message , Thu, 26
Jan 2017 07:54:01, Graeme posted:

So, Pythagorus tells me the hypotenuse across the square is 14.14 ft.
The circle is 10 ft diameter, so the answer is half of 4.14 ft or 2.1
ft.

This is correct. I think :-)

Pythagoras would have not completely agreed with all that you wrote.

Why?

Because his name is not Pythagorus. In Greek, it ended alpha sigma.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pythagorus&redirect=no.