Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dust bags

I have an ash cleaner it is bagless but the filter cloggs up far too quickly
and so needs cleaning t 2 or 3 times each use.
I had some success with a hoover bag but these are smaller bore fitting than
the machine. Is ther a bag that fits over a 60mm stub?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1183302-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So you want to convert a bagless cleaner to a bagged one. If its a cyclone
you are wasting your time, if not then maybe.

The filter in a Cyclone seems to always need cleaning or changing unless
its one of the more recent Dyson models.
I have a theory that this is a bi product of the cyclone action, ie the
spinning. However if you remove the filter that stops the left over much
from coming out its not going to stop it and if you attempt a bag, it simply
slows it down and the much clogs up the cleaner ahead of the bag.
Get a Henry if you want a bagged cleaner.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"mike" m wrote in message
news
I have an ash cleaner it is bagless but the filter cloggs up far too
quickly
and so needs cleaning t 2 or 3 times each use.
I had some success with a hoover bag but these are smaller bore fitting
than
the machine. Is ther a bag that fits over a 60mm stub?

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1183302-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 13:44:03 GMT, mike
m wrote:

I have an ash cleaner it is bagless but the filter cloggs up far too quickly
and so needs cleaning t 2 or 3 times each use.
I had some success with a hoover bag but these are smaller bore fitting than
the machine. Is ther a bag that fits over a 60mm stub?

Stop messing about and get one that does the job correctly in the
first place, I purchased one of those sold by lidl and found it was
useless at containing fine ash and was just a powered method of
distributing it around the room so that quickly went to the tip and so
sought something better.

Purchased one of these
http://www.thisisitstores.co.uk/de-v...m-cleaner.html

Very pleased with it , first filter is a gauze that traps coarse bits
that might still be hot , second is a cloth filter that captures the
fine stuff, third filter a pleated paper near the air outlet.
I have put a white cloth over the outlet while vacuuming coal ash and
no mark was discernable on the cloth.
Hose is reinforced with some metal sections so won't instantly melt if
a still glowing ember gets sucked up .
Works well on plaster dust as well.

Note that the site and others also list list one of the same make that
is cheaper, that is a model that only has one chamber and two stage
filtration rather than three. No idea on how that performs.

G.Harman

Where to buy (not build) dust collector without bags Russ Woodworking 7 December 8th 07 12:15 AM
Replacement dust bags sondar UK diy 12 May 28th 06 10:37 AM
FA: Dust Collector Bags Larry Barnes Woodworking 1 February 23rd 05 01:03 AM
Jet canister dust collector & bags Fly-by-Night CC Woodworking 8 February 13th 05 05:22 AM
Jet Canister Dust Collector & Bags Owen Lowe Woodturning 2 February 12th 05 09:46 AM