Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default dust bags

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 13:44:03 GMT, mike
m wrote:

I have an ash cleaner it is bagless but the filter cloggs up far too quickly
and so needs cleaning t 2 or 3 times each use.
I had some success with a hoover bag but these are smaller bore fitting than
the machine. Is ther a bag that fits over a 60mm stub?

Stop messing about and get one that does the job correctly in the
first place, I purchased one of those sold by lidl and found it was
useless at containing fine ash and was just a powered method of
distributing it around the room so that quickly went to the tip and so
sought something better.

Purchased one of these
http://www.thisisitstores.co.uk/de-v...m-cleaner.html

Very pleased with it , first filter is a gauze that traps coarse bits
that might still be hot , second is a cloth filter that captures the
fine stuff, third filter a pleated paper near the air outlet.
I have put a white cloth over the outlet while vacuuming coal ash and
no mark was discernable on the cloth.
Hose is reinforced with some metal sections so won't instantly melt if
a still glowing ember gets sucked up .
Works well on plaster dust as well.

Note that the site and others also list list one of the same make that
is cheaper, that is a model that only has one chamber and two stage
filtration rather than three. No idea on how that performs.

G.Harman