Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scottish Power Tariffs

Old Scottish Power fixed E7 tarrif expired at the end of December.
Hunted about but their "Online Fixed Saver Narch 2018" was the best I
could find but was a fiver or so a month more. Wanted the new rates
for my spreadsheet so loggged into their website and the easiest way
to find the figures(*) was to use the "change tariff" bit. This
coughed up their "Online Fixed Saver March 2018 v2", unit rates
roughly a penny cheaper but standing charge considerably higher.
Website said it would save me £88/year, my spreadsheet over £90... V2
must have been launched fairly recently as it was only just before
Christmas I did the change and it wasn't available then.

£90 saving is worth doing even with the £30 "cancellation charge", or
"exit fee". However that £30 charge/fee *only* applies if I leave
Scottish Power, just changing tariff (thus getting a new contract)
doesn't trigger it. B-)

Maybe that is common knowledge but it was (good) news to me! Weasel
words in the description IMHO. It should be "Supplier [ Change |
Switch ] Fee" or similar.

(*) The obvious place "view TCR" in the "your tariff box" leads you
to a form with loads of fields. Why? I'm logged in, it knows what
tariff I'm on, it knows where I live, take me straight to that
tariffs information FFS! And the tab of the silly pop out help thingy
covers up the last two digits of your account number...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Old Scottish Power fixed E7 tarrif expired at the end of December.
Hunted about but their "Online Fixed Saver Narch 2018" was the best I
could find but was a fiver or so a month more.

When eon's v19 fix expires, I'll jump from under £50/month to over
£66/month, that ScotPower March looks like it's about the best for me
too, both standing charges lower, gas unit rates 23% higher, elec unit
rates 65% higher than at present.

"view TCR" in the "your tariff box" leads you to a form with loads of
fields. Why? I'm logged in, it knows what tariff I'm on, it knows
where I live, take me straight to that tariffs information FFS!

I think they're obliged to show the TCR stuff, even if they have
accurate info on your precise rates.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 19:29:33 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Old Scottish Power fixed E7 tarrif expired at the end of December.
Hunted about but their "Online Fixed Saver Narch 2018" was the best I
could find but was a fiver or so a month more.

When eon's v19 fix expires, I'll jump from under £50/month to over
£66/month, that ScotPower March looks like it's about the best for me
too, both standing charges lower, gas unit rates 23% higher, elec unit
rates 65% higher than at present.

"view TCR" in the "your tariff box" leads you to a form with loads of
fields. Why? I'm logged in, it knows what tariff I'm on, it knows where
I live, take me straight to that tariffs information FFS!

I think they're obliged to show the TCR stuff, even if they have
accurate info on your precise rates.

Check out the SP Cancer charity one - fix to end Jan 2019 at not a great
deal more than the March 18 fix. Unit prices are the same but the
standing charge is a tad higher.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2017 19:07, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Old Scottish Power fixed E7 tarrif expired at the end of December.
Hunted about but their "Online Fixed Saver Narch 2018" was the best I
could find but was a fiver or so a month more.

Have a look at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

I get an email when/if a better deal than my current one comes along.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 10:24:24 +0000, F wrote:

Have a look at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

I get an email when/if a better deal than my current one comes along.

BTDTGTeMail(s) I don't think they have ever been significantly better
than my current tariffs.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 19:29:33 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

"view TCR" in the "your tariff box" leads you to a form with loads

of
fields. Why? I'm logged in, it knows what tariff I'm on, it knows
where I live, take me straight to that tariffs information FFS!

I think they're obliged to show the TCR stuff, even if they have
accurate info on your precise rates.

Agreed the (useless IMHO)(*) TCR has to be available. I'm taking
issue with fact the site wanted me to fill in half dozen fields on a
form when it "knows" all the information it's asking for.

(*) Useless as it uses an "average consumption" figure so if your use
isn't average the TCR can be way off the mark.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:36:13 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 19:29:33 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

"view TCR" in the "your tariff box" leads you to a form with

loads
of
fields. Why? I'm logged in, it knows what tariff I'm on, it knows
where I live, take me straight to that tariffs information FFS!

I think they're obliged to show the TCR stuff, even if they have
accurate info on your precise rates.

Agreed the (useless IMHO)(*) TCR has to be available. I'm taking
issue with fact the site wanted me to fill in half dozen fields on a
form when it "knows" all the information it's asking for.

(*) Useless as it uses an "average consumption" figure so if your

use
isn't average the TCR can be way off the mark.

Agreed. Unit rate plus standing charge isn't exactly complicated. (A
bit like people who use complicated ways to convert between
Fahrenheit and Celsius, when the accurate way isn't exactly
difficult.)

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/01/2017 16:51, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 10:24:24 +0000, F wrote:

Have a look at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

I get an email when/if a better deal than my current one comes along.

BTDTGTeMail(s) I don't think they have ever been significantly better
than my current tariffs.

They currently can't find anything better than the one I'm on at the
moment, but at least I get an email when they do and I can decide
whether or not to go for it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 18:54:16 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

Agreed the (useless IMHO)(*) TCR has to be available. I'm taking
issue with fact the site wanted me to fill in half dozen fields on

form when it "knows" all the information it's asking for.

(*) Useless as it uses an "average consumption" figure so if your
use isn't average the TCR can be way off the mark.

Agreed. Unit rate plus standing charge isn't exactly complicated.

That depends how "mathematically challenged" you are. The number
cruching is basic but being able to work out how the numbers need to
be cruched is (sadly) beyond many.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Scottish Power
"Online Fixed Saver Narch 2018"
"Online Fixed Saver March 2018 v2"

The Fixed 2018 works out cheaper than Fixed 2018 v2 for me.

So goodbye eon, been with them since they were powergen, they had been
very keen on prices the past three or four years, but now they want to
jump from £51/m to £75/m variable or £71/m for two year fix, so £61/m
for one year fix with scot power it is.

They make no promises about retaining smart meter functionality, but
I'll still have the in house display, so entering online readings will
be easier than ever.