Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scottish Power Tariffs

Old Scottish Power fixed E7 tarrif expired at the end of December.
Hunted about but their "Online Fixed Saver Narch 2018" was the best I
could find but was a fiver or so a month more. Wanted the new rates
for my spreadsheet so loggged into their website and the easiest way
to find the figures(*) was to use the "change tariff" bit. This
coughed up their "Online Fixed Saver March 2018 v2", unit rates
roughly a penny cheaper but standing charge considerably higher.
Website said it would save me £88/year, my spreadsheet over £90... V2
must have been launched fairly recently as it was only just before
Christmas I did the change and it wasn't available then.

£90 saving is worth doing even with the £30 "cancellation charge", or
"exit fee". However that £30 charge/fee *only* applies if I leave
Scottish Power, just changing tariff (thus getting a new contract)
doesn't trigger it. B-)

Maybe that is common knowledge but it was (good) news to me! Weasel
words in the description IMHO. It should be "Supplier [ Change |
Switch ] Fee" or similar.

(*) The obvious place "view TCR" in the "your tariff box" leads you
to a form with loads of fields. Why? I'm logged in, it knows what
tariff I'm on, it knows where I live, take me straight to that
tariffs information FFS! And the tab of the silly pop out help thingy
covers up the last two digits of your account number...

--
Cheers
Dave.