Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default oven diagnosis no display no heat but light working

The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the heat. The lamp does work.
Is it likely that it is the controller board?
Are there any tests to try?
thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 06:06:11 -0800 (PST), misterroy
wrote:

The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the heat. The lamp does work.
Is it likely that it is the controller board?
Are there any tests to try?
thanks

Microwave?
Conventional?
Gas?
Electric?
Make?
Model?

Come on, throw us a bone here.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the
heat. The lamp does work.
Is it likely that it is the controller board?
Are there any tests to try?
thanks

Microwave?
Conventional?
Gas?
Electric?
Make?
Model?

Come on, throw us a bone here.

A genuine case of the lights are on but nobody's home?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the
heat. The lamp does work.
Is it likely that it is the controller board?
Are there any tests to try?
thanks

Microwave?
Conventional?
Gas?
Electric?
Make?
Model?

Come on, throw us a bone here.

OK, Fido.

Conventional oven, electric.
Ikea 85752130

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the
heat. The lamp does work.
Is it likely that it is the controller board?
Are there any tests to try?
thanks

Microwave?
Conventional?
Gas?
Electric?
Make?
Model?

Come on, throw us a bone here.

OK, Fido.

Conventional oven, electric.
Ikea 85752130

Have you turned it off (at the wall) and turned it on again?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the
heat. The lamp does work.
Is it likely that it is the controller board?
Are there any tests to try?
thanks

Microwave?
Conventional?
Gas?
Electric?
Make?
Model?

Come on, throw us a bone here.

OK, Fido.

Conventional oven, electric.
Ikea 85752130

Have you turned it off (at the wall) and turned it on again?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Yes turned it off at the wall and left it a while, I have reseated the connections too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the
heat. The lamp does work.
Is it likely that it is the controller board?
Are there any tests to try?
thanks

Microwave?
Conventional?
Gas?
Electric?
Make?
Model?

Come on, throw us a bone here.

OK, Fido.

Conventional oven, electric.
Ikea 85752130

I can't find that stock number, but the problem is likely to be the
clock module, which is in effect the controller PCB.

That's particularly true if the clock is an vacuum fluorescent type
with 6 buttons like this.
http://tinyurl.com/j2ahz4y
They sometimes fail after getting progressively dimmer.
The faulty component is the large rectangular capacitor (often blue)
capacitor on the board.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

This is the board, or one like it, https://res.cloudinary.com/dtk4ybaqk...soecrkiz55.jpg
The blue capacitor, swap it or swap the bigger electrolytics?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bit vague without knowing the make and model. I suppose it could be fused
separately, and something has shorted out.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"misterroy" wrote in message
The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the
heat. The lamp does work.
Is it likely that it is the controller board?
Are there any tests to try?
thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The type I was referring to has an X2 rated cap in series with the mains that acts as a "wattless dropper". Yours on the other hand has a conventional transformer PSU.
Is the fuse on the board intact?

Check the transformer windings for continuity with a meter on the ohms range.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 12:35:28 PM UTC, Graham. wrote:
The type I was referring to has an X2 rated cap in series with the mains that acts as a "wattless dropper". Yours on the other hand has a conventional transformer PSU.
Is the fuse on the board intact?

Check the transformer windings for continuity with a meter on the ohms range.

I cant see a fuse on the board. There are no scorch marks. I will test the transformer tomorrow, I cant find my voltmeter, but I did find other things I had lost during the search.
ta
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 December 2016 15:40:28 UTC, misterroy wrote:
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 12:35:28 PM UTC, Graham. wrote:

The type I was referring to has an X2 rated cap in series with the mains that acts as a "wattless dropper". Yours on the other hand has a conventional transformer PSU.
Is the fuse on the board intact?

Check the transformer windings for continuity with a meter on the ohms range.

I cant see a fuse on the board. There are no scorch marks. I will test the transformer tomorrow, I cant find my voltmeter, but I did find other things I had lost during the search.
ta

There are other ways to test it.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 07:40:26 -0800 (PST), misterroy
wrote:

On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 12:35:28 PM UTC, Graham. wrote:
The type I was referring to has an X2 rated cap in series with the mains that acts as a "wattless dropper". Yours on the other hand has a conventional transformer PSU.
Is the fuse on the board intact?

Check the transformer windings for continuity with a meter on the ohms range.

I cant see a fuse on the board. There are no scorch marks. I will test the transformer tomorrow, I cant find my voltmeter, but I did find other things I had lost during the search.
ta

Fuses don't always look like fuses these days. Wickmann fuses for
example. The transformer could well have a thermal fuse built into the
primary.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 30/12/2016 17:34, misterroy wrote:

The meter has gone again.

It's gone to visit its family? It's the time of year for that. It'll
come back with a dreadful hangover.

Happy New Year

And you.