Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ceramic tap cartridges

OK - that was a bummer...

4 new 1/4 turn lever taps, less than a year old. One failed (dripping).

Circlip holding gubbins together was rusted away.

Other 3 taps all have copper coloured circlips, with no corrosion.

Supplier will replace - but I had already taken it to 3 plumbers
merchants plus Tool/Fix and no joy.

Cartirdges are well known for being *******s with no standardisation,
but this one has 32 splines - which turns out to be a very find pitch.

Even https://www.tapmagician.co.uk/TMdefault.aspx who sell everything,
don't have these...

Very depressing - how many variants does the world need...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2016 14:27, Tim Watts wrote:
OK - that was a bummer...

4 new 1/4 turn lever taps, less than a year old. One failed (dripping).

Alas not unusual.

Circlip holding gubbins together was rusted away.

Other 3 taps all have copper coloured circlips, with no corrosion.

Supplier will replace - but I had already taken it to 3 plumbers
merchants plus Tool/Fix and no joy.

Only one supplier in the entire Medway Towns.

Cartirdges are well known for being *******s with no standardisation,
but this one has 32 splines - which turns out to be a very find pitch.

Even https://www.tapmagician.co.uk/TMdefault.aspx who sell everything,
don't have these...

Very depressing - how many variants does the world need...

Does the world need poxy ceramic cartridge taps?
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

OK - that was a bummer...

4 new 1/4 turn lever taps, less than a year old. One failed (dripping).

Circlip holding gubbins together was rusted away.

Other 3 taps all have copper coloured circlips, with no corrosion.

Supplier will replace - but I had already taken it to 3 plumbers merchants
plus Tool/Fix and no joy.

Cartirdges are well known for being *******s with no standardisation, but
this one has 32 splines - which turns out to be a very find pitch.

Even https://www.tapmagician.co.uk/TMdefault.aspx who sell everything,
don't have these...

Very depressing - how many variants does the world need...

Always one more than have been encountered.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No nor those ones I replaced made of crappy plastic either. When kitchens
get fitted i bet nobody actually thinks of such things like when summut goes
wrong will this be obsolete or unobtainable.

One friend had a lot of trouble trying to find a suitable diswasher to fit a
fitted kitchen which it appears had a non standard hole for the dishwasher.
I just despair sometimes at the strange things that occur with what might be
considered simple things with already existing standards.

If you recall the Apollo 13 story, the survival was almost scuppered due to
the co2 scrubber filter fittings of the command module being totally
different to those in the Lem

So no matter how much you pay, standards seem to fail you.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"David Lang" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 21:44, David Lang wrote:
On 10/12/2016 14:27, Tim Watts wrote:
OK - that was a bummer...

4 new 1/4 turn lever taps, less than a year old. One failed (dripping).

Alas not unusual.

Circlip holding gubbins together was rusted away.

Other 3 taps all have copper coloured circlips, with no corrosion.

Supplier will replace - but I had already taken it to 3 plumbers
merchants plus Tool/Fix and no joy.

Only one supplier in the entire Medway Towns.

Cartirdges are well known for being *******s with no standardisation,
but this one has 32 splines - which turns out to be a very find pitch.

Even https://www.tapmagician.co.uk/TMdefault.aspx who sell everything,
don't have these...

Very depressing - how many variants does the world need...

Does the world need poxy ceramic cartridge taps?

Well, I like the positive turn off and the fact you can simply look at
them (levers) and know they are off.

The only thing wrong with them is there should be two types of cartridge
with one size of spindle, 1/2" + 3/4" fitting and leave it at that.

Ceramic 1/4 turn cartridges Tim Watts[_2_] UK diy 17 December 5th 13 08:20 PM
Ceramic disc cartridges designed for Altmans. Molly Brown Home Repair 0 September 19th 10 05:31 AM
Ceramic disk tap - where to get replacement ceramic disc or repair otherwise? [email protected] UK diy 14 August 13th 09 09:19 AM
Cartridges david lang UK diy 8 January 1st 06 06:23 PM
ceramic towel rack to ceramic wall dk Home Repair 8 December 11th 05 04:26 AM