Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ceramic tap cartridges

On 10/12/16 21:44, David Lang wrote:
On 10/12/2016 14:27, Tim Watts wrote:
OK - that was a bummer...

4 new 1/4 turn lever taps, less than a year old. One failed (dripping).

Alas not unusual.

Circlip holding gubbins together was rusted away.

Other 3 taps all have copper coloured circlips, with no corrosion.

Supplier will replace - but I had already taken it to 3 plumbers
merchants plus Tool/Fix and no joy.

Only one supplier in the entire Medway Towns.

Cartirdges are well known for being *******s with no standardisation,
but this one has 32 splines - which turns out to be a very find pitch.

Even https://www.tapmagician.co.uk/TMdefault.aspx who sell everything,
don't have these...

Very depressing - how many variants does the world need...

Does the world need poxy ceramic cartridge taps?

Well, I like the positive turn off and the fact you can simply look at
them (levers) and know they are off.

The only thing wrong with them is there should be two types of cartridge
with one size of spindle, 1/2" + 3/4" fitting and leave it at that.