Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ceramic disk tap - where to get replacement ceramic disc or repair otherwise?

I have a mixer tap in the kitchen which is just beginning to drip a
little, it's a quarter-turn ceramic disk type. The insides look
pretty standard although I haven't taken it completely apart yet.

Where can one buy either replacement ceramic discs (are they
standard?) or replacement tap innards? I've looked at both Screwfix
and BES but couldn't see anything, maybe I'm not searching for the
right words.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I have a mixer tap in the kitchen which is just beginning to drip a
little, it's a quarter-turn ceramic disk type. The insides look
pretty standard although I haven't taken it completely apart yet.

Where can one buy either replacement ceramic discs (are they
standard?) or replacement tap innards? I've looked at both Screwfix
and BES but couldn't see anything, maybe I'm not searching for the
right words.

--
Chris Green

Ring the manufacturer. Preferably the manufacturer of the innards if it is
marked (there are only a few) or less usefully the manufacturer of the whole
tap.

San Marco were super helpful when I needed a replacement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I have a mixer tap in the kitchen which is just beginning to drip a
little, it's a quarter-turn ceramic disk type. The insides look
pretty standard although I haven't taken it completely apart yet.

Where can one buy either replacement ceramic discs (are they
standard?) or replacement tap innards? I've looked at both Screwfix
and BES but couldn't see anything, maybe I'm not searching for the
right words.

Google for "ceramic disc cartridge"

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-04-23, Bob Mannix wrote:
wrote in message
I have a mixer tap in the kitchen which is just beginning to drip a
little, it's a quarter-turn ceramic disk type. The insides look
pretty standard although I haven't taken it completely apart yet.

Where can one buy either replacement ceramic discs (are they
standard?) or replacement tap innards? I've looked at both Screwfix
and BES but couldn't see anything, maybe I'm not searching for the
right words.

Google for "ceramic disc cartridge"

I just tore the damn thing out and replaced it with a proper tap.

OT. The OP disn't ask what he should do but where he could get the innards
)

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Mannix wrote:
wrote in message
I have a mixer tap in the kitchen which is just beginning to drip a
little, it's a quarter-turn ceramic disk type. The insides look
pretty standard although I haven't taken it completely apart yet.

Where can one buy either replacement ceramic discs (are they
standard?) or replacement tap innards? I've looked at both Screwfix
and BES but couldn't see anything, maybe I'm not searching for the
right words.

Google for "ceramic disc cartridge"

Ah, yes, thanks, that comes up with some good hits. I needed the
"cartridge" bit.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

wrote:
I have a mixer tap in the kitchen which is just beginning to drip a
little, it's a quarter-turn ceramic disk type. The insides look
pretty standard although I haven't taken it completely apart yet.

Nothing standard IME, each one seems different.

[...]
I did notice some in my local giant B&Q recently, or as others have
said
www.brev.co.uk

Or indeed the incomparabl(e/y badly designed)
http://www.lunns.net/tapspares/tapmate.htm

Oh.

On looking at Brev, we appear to be talking about the same place ...

--

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hello I have the same problem of dripping kitchen tap with ceramic discs and
quarter turn monobloc mixer tap from screwfix.
Did you get any useful replies as I am at a loss as well.
thanks.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/1391143395.aspx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yasmin wrote:
Hello I have the same problem of dripping kitchen tap with ceramic
discs and quarter turn monobloc mixer tap from screwfix.
Did you get any useful replies as I am at a loss as well.
thanks.

Larger B&Q stores sell them and you might find them here
http://www.lunns.net/tapspares/

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying
something like:

Hello I have the same problem of dripping kitchen tap with ceramic discs and
quarter turn monobloc mixer tap from screwfix.
Did you get any useful replies as I am at a loss as well.
thanks.

Go into any decent plumbing suppliers and get a replacement spindle
assembly - they're fairly universal. Take the old top half of the tap
with you to check it will fit, to save a double trip.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:36:15 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Hello I have the same problem of dripping kitchen tap with ceramic

discs and quarter turn monobloc mixer tap

Go into any decent plumbing suppliers and get a replacement spindle
assembly - they're fairly universal. Take the old top half of the tap
with you to check it will fit, to save a double trip.

Agreed any decent plumbers merchant will have the inserts. With the
mono block be aware that you might want a left hand threaded one. The
operating spindle turns in the opposite direction depending on the
side of the tap it is on so that say "top away" is always "on".

--
Cheers
Dave.