Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dodgy dog - what to do

A couple (late 20's) who live in an adjacent St have a Husky dog. It
seems uncontrollable and vicious. It's always on a lead which is good
except the woman is clearly at the limit of what she can manage to do
to hold it back every time they pass someone. Am pretty sure it would
attack, should it slip the lead. The Bloke is struggling with it too
but it seems to listen more to him.
I like dogs very much and have had Alsatians and Labradors in the past
so know a little of their nature. But the husky to me seems more of a
pack-animal than most domestic dogs.
My concern is that there are quite a few young children in the area
and feel the need to have the owners (who seem ok) to realise the
risk. I don't think "having a word" will work and probably escalate
things.
Only a week ago it pulled the lead out of Mrs' hand and had a go at
attacking a car (my wife was driving it so saw it happen). Stopped in
the middle of the road while this dog circling the car!
Any suggestions what to do for best? RSPCA do anything? The Cops?
Council?

How dodgy is this? Tim+ UK diy 6 November 20th 13 05:33 PM
Dodgy DIY? mogga UK diy 19 January 8th 11 11:51 PM
Dodgy Stopcock The Medway Handyman UK diy 5 August 31st 08 10:12 AM
Dodgy tap? [email protected] UK diy 5 March 15th 06 03:02 PM
Dodgy Electrician? -=D@n=- UK diy 20 August 26th 05 10:22 AM