Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sign

Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 09:28:02 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

It is a Cyrillic T with a weight keeping it down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/16 09:27, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

At a guess, pressurised telecoms cable?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2016 09:27, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Tear gas grenade store.

Cheers
--
Syd

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/16 11:11, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 02/12/16 09:27, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

At a guess, pressurised telecoms cable?

Blue could be water.... Hmmm...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
news
Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for anything
in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

The black parts are not quite horizontally centred with the blue circle, so
probably a home-made sign. A blue circle on a road sign means "Do this". The
black symbol looks like a plunger. The T in a circle might mean "Toilet". So
"Please flush the toilet"?
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 11:11:07 +0000, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

On 02/12/16 09:27, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

At a guess, pressurised telecoms cable?

Or is the outer blue circle just a standard for warning signs where in
the area /county where it is used?

The little black shape could conceivably be a shovel on top of a cable
with the T meaning Telephone/Telegraph/ Telecommunications depending
on how old it is.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 10:55:23 UTC, Bob Minchin wrote:
Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

It is a Russian font T.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2016 09:27, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Information sign saying the railway track is used to pass
telecommunications data that can be picked up by train.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2016 09:27, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

From the rust I'd say it's upside down.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for anything
in common use.

you can Google for a match on a jpeg

how?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2016 13:17, Bill Wright wrote:
On 02/12/2016 09:27, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

From the rust I'd say it's upside down.

Bill

Or horizontal. Is it on the floor of a bathing pool?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.

you can Google for a match on a jpeg

how?

tim

Google images

Give it the URL of your picture, and it tries to match it to similar
patterns

--
€œit should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 09:28:02 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

Attach detonators here to blow up Channel Tunnel.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.

you can Google for a match on a jpeg

how?

Don't bother - Bob Mincin says he tried that.

wish to copy them they can pay me Β£1 a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2016 10:56, Bob Minchin wrote:
Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

Its on a mystery roadside cabinet.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

Its on a mystery roadside cabinet.

Mike

I think it is Russian railways as it is a Cyrillic T.

https://binged.it/2fTlyuf
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 09:27:58 -0000, Muddymike wrote:

Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Looks like a bulb, the T meaning tungsten?

--
My ex-wife was temperamental.
90% temper and 10% mental.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maybe its throw rocks down the toilet?
Seeing as I cannot see it its a little hard to be of use.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
news

Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for anything
in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

The black parts are not quite horizontally centred with the blue circle,
so probably a home-made sign. A blue circle on a road sign means "Do
this". The black symbol looks like a plunger. The T in a circle might mean
"Toilet". So "Please flush the toilet"?
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T for Tens as in tension of the heavy kind?

I recall once having a tape recorder made in the Czech republic. Apart from
the engineering being crap, the din sockets on the rear panel had some very
odd signs against them embossed on the plasstic.
From memory the screws had a circle with an upside down t and an
exclamation mark beside them.
the din for microphone seemed to me to be a tiny face with a zig zag line
and a mouth like an O. I never did understand them. I'm sure if you were
Czech it was obvious. It was made by Tesla, no not the inventor the excuse
for a company bearing his name that exported to the world and most of the
devices fell apart in a year.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
o.uk...
Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

Its on a mystery roadside cabinet.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 16:14:50 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 09:27:58 -0000, Muddymike wrote:

Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Looks like a bulb, the T meaning tungsten?

TUNGSTEN IS W YOU DOLT.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

Its on a mystery roadside cabinet.

Mike

Then I lean even more to the poster who suggested 'pressurised
telecommunications duct'

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...
Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

Its on a mystery roadside cabinet.

Mike

I found a shape similar to the one attached to the T:
http://www.discount-low-voltage.com/...ocks/4B1FS-240
It's a solid state fuse to protect Telecoms lines.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-12-02, Huge wrote:

BTW, is it upside down? The water marks from the screws would indicate so.

Inverting it and re-running the Google image search is no help, BTW.

For kicks, I redrew the thing in an art package and ran that. Nothing.

Secret society meeting point.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 2 December 2016 09:28:02 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

It is a Cyrillic T

Nope, a normal T

with a weight keeping it down.

Presumably someone's idea about what should happen to Theresa.

Tad uppity using her first name tho, off to the tower for whoever it is...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:

Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Looks relatively antique, or foreign, to me: very unusual indeed for
signs in the UK to use a serif font.

That's the cabinet we can see, I presume, behind the sign: galvanised
metal?

BTW: I presume this is a genuine "What is this" question, not a "Guess
what this is" question! :-)

J.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 16:48:32 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 2 December 2016 16:14:50 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 09:27:58 -0000, Muddymike wrote:

Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Looks like a bulb, the T meaning tungsten?

TUNGSTEN IS W YOU DOLT.

For a chemist, perhaps not an electrician.

--
Even very young children need to be informed about dying.
Explain the concept of death very carefully to your child.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 18:12:33 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 2 December 2016 09:28:02 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

It is a Cyrillic T

Nope, a normal T

http://bit.ly/2gJnhUj
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 18:19:37 UTC, Another John wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:

Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Looks relatively antique, or foreign, to me: very unusual indeed for
signs in the UK to use a serif font.

It is Russian.

http://bit.ly/2gJnhUj

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Bob Minchin wrote
Muddymike wrote

Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search
which is unusual for anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

It is a Russian font T.

Nope. There is no such animal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 02/12/2016 09:27, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

From the rust I'd say it's upside down.

I thought that too, but the top holes dont match
and it may well have rusted when not in use anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike
Wait here for the toilets?

It does not match up on google image search which is unusual for
anything in common use.
Do you have a context for where it is used?

Its on a mystery roadside cabinet.

I think it is Russian railways as it is a Cyrillic T.

There is no such animal as a Cyrillic T.

Its just a T in a particular font that is used in a lot more than just
russia.

https://binged.it/2fTlyuf

Not one of those has anything like as cryptic a sign on anything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 2 December 2016 18:12:33 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 2 December 2016 09:28:02 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Mike

It is a Cyrillic T

Nope, a normal T

http://bit.ly/2gJnhUj

Its just a serif font. Unusual in modern first
world signs, but nothing cyrillic about it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Can anyone here identify this sign?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg

Looks relatively antique, or foreign, to me: very unusual indeed for
signs in the UK to use a serif font.

It is Russian.

http://bit.ly/2gJnhUj

You dont know that. The krauts use serif fonts on signs too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 03:18:26 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

http://bit.ly/2gJnhUj

You dont know that. The krauts use serif fonts on signs too.

Here is German and Hungarian.

http://bit.ly/2gjRDfR
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have my people looking into it - answer to come soon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

http://bit.ly/2gJnhUj

You dont know that. The krauts use serif fonts on signs too.

Here is German and Hungarian.

Neither use just one type of font.

http://bit.ly/2gjRDfR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://bit.ly/2gksUI3

To take a traffic sign off a sign post, do I not hold the back of thescrew with one pliers while I twist the nut with another pliers? Chris Tsao Home Repair 7 October 21st 10 04:45 AM
New sign in [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 28th 07 09:30 PM
Sign Makeing: sal Woodworking 11 January 19th 07 03:28 AM
OT - Sad Sign Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 12 December 26th 04 05:43 AM
Highway Sign control by Digital Sign Plexaglass Electronics Repair 0 November 23rd 04 07:04 PM