Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - What you always kew about Smart Meters

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 12:09:19 -0000, MrCheerful wrote:

On 01/12/2016 18:53, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:32:59 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

In that case I'll tell EDF to **** off. The leaflet they just sent me didn't say there was a choice. It just said "Smart meters are coming" and "They allow you to se how much you're using". I already have a device that tells me that, it's wrapped round the live fusebox tail.

Simple - just arrange never to be at home on the day they threaten to turn up, they will soon get ****ed off and leave you alone. Here, there is a big waiting list which suits me fine as at the moment I am getting free electricity forever.

If the meter has failed then you will be given an estimated bill based
on previous usage, and it would be upheld in court.

Since he's getting a zero bill, and not NO bill, they must know he exists. Their computer will eventually flag up that he's using no electricity and someone will investigate.

--
Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:12:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Since he's getting a zero bill, and not NO bill, they must know he exists. Their computer will eventually flag up that he's using no electricity and someone will investigate.

No - they will assume that I have PV cells and are glad that they are not paying ME for power.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:23:07 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:12:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Since he's getting a zero bill, and not NO bill, they must know he exists. Their computer will eventually flag up that he's using no electricity and someone will investigate.

No - they will assume that I have PV cells and are glad that they are not paying ME for power.

PV cells have to be on their records to allow for reverse metering.

--
Two cowboys are talking over a beer, discussing various sex positions.
The first cowboy says his favorite position is "the rodeo".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

On 01/12/2016 18:53, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:32:59 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

In that case I'll tell EDF to **** off. The leaflet they just sent me
didn't say there was a choice. It just said "Smart meters are coming"
and "They allow you to se how much you're using". I already have a
device that tells me that, it's wrapped round the live fusebox tail.

Simple - just arrange never to be at home on the day they threaten to
turn up, they will soon get ****ed off and leave you alone. Here, there
is a big waiting list which suits me fine as at the moment I am getting
free electricity forever.

If the meter has failed then you will be given an estimated bill based
on previous usage, and it would be upheld in court.

Since he's getting a zero bill, and not NO bill, they must know he exists.

Yes, but they may believe that he is only a customer for their gas.

Their computer will eventually flag up that he's using no electricity and
someone will investigate.

He's on the list to get a smartmeter, someone will eventually show
up and find that he isnt going to allow them to replace the meter
and they will then read the current meter and take his new Giulia
when he refuses to pay the electricity bill they will send him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

Since he's getting a zero bill, and not NO bill,
they must know he exists. Their computer will
eventually flag up that he's using no electricity
and someone will investigate.

No - they will assume that I have PV cells

No they wont, because they will be trying to
replace the current meter with a smartmeter
because that is what you agreed to have done
when you changed to that electricity supply
tariff you changed to to get free electricity
on saturday and sunday.

And when you refuse to allow them to do what
you agreed to allow them to do, they will read the
current meter and demand that you pay for the
electricity you have used and the debt collectors
will take the Giulia when you refuse to pay that.

and are glad that they are not paying ME for power.

Fantasy, you watch. When they show up to change the
meter and you refuse to allow that, and they read the
current meter, they will notice that there are no solar
panels that will come even close to powering your
house entirely.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Then electricity would not appear on his bill.

Their computer will eventually flag up that he's using no electricity and
someone will investigate.

He's on the list to get a smartmeter, someone will eventually show
up and find that he isnt going to allow them to replace the meter
and they will then read the current meter and take his new Giulia
when he refuses to pay the electricity bill they will send him.

He can probably make them bill him over several years, since it was their mistake. Unless he can wind the meter back....

--
Kakistocracy - Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/kakistocracy

Smart meters Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 50 May 13th 16 10:22 AM
Smart meters Tough Guy no. 1265 UK diy 40 November 4th 15 11:10 PM
Smart Meters Andrew Gabriel UK diy 10 February 13th 15 02:23 PM
Smart Meters Guv Bob Home Repair 79 February 12th 14 06:28 PM
Smart meters jgharston UK diy 0 January 29th 10 04:10 PM