Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laser Christmas outdoor projectors..

HI All
I was prompted to investigate these - we like to illuminate the outside
(& inside!) of the house, and these looked like a good idea.
The one I purchased allegedly had two lasers (red & green) and four
different effects.
Trouble is - this one seems to be faulty - the ebay seller has refunded
my money (bless 'em).
The unit has a waterproof momentary push-button on the back, it seems to
need a press in order to start the thing working - which is kind of
inconvenient as our outdoor lights are usually on a timer, and, even if
this unit was working properly, I can't see me nipping outside every
night just to push the button!
Just wondering if anybody else has one of these new-fangled units - and
whether theirs starts automatically when mains is switched on, or if
it's a elfin-safety feature of the unit that it requires a digit on the
button to start the lasers?
The very thin user manual also says that the unit needs to be switched
'off' to cool down for 30 minutes after 5 hours of running... this
particular unit doesn't run for more than a minute or so before cutting
out, so it's kind of academic g
Any real-life experiences, please?
Thanks
Adrian