Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall[_2_] Adrian Brentnall[_2_] is offline

Default Laser Christmas outdoor projectors..

On 01/12/2016 08:43, Brian Gaff wrote:
That sounds a bit naff. I wonder if there are any of the stage devices going
second hand. Even back in the 80s some of these seemed to be able to run all
the time with little issues out of dooors and in the rain, at least when I
could see back then raindrops and lasers made for a very interesting almost
strobe droplets slow motion effect.
Brian

HI Brian
Yes - something's not right somewhere g
After sitting in my (cold) outdoors workshop overnight, the laser
decided that it would work... but only for about 5 minutes.. then it
stopped!
Could be the power-supply overheating, I guess - toying with the idea of
feeding it 5v from a.n.other psu - but not sure I can really be bothered g
As I say - the seller refunded me in full, so the device owes me
nothing, - but that little 'engineer' voice keeps saying "perhaps it's
an easy fix" - but, against that, I don't really want to be fiddling
about with lasers when I'm not sure what I'm doing - and I've plenty of
other fruitless-but-engaging jobs to spend my time on.
Adrian