Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Laser Christmas outdoor projectors..

That sounds a bit naff. I wonder if there are any of the stage devices going
second hand. Even back in the 80s some of these seemed to be able to run all
the time with little issues out of dooors and in the rain, at least when I
could see back then raindrops and lasers made for a very interesting almost
strobe droplets slow motion effect.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message
HI All
I was prompted to investigate these - we like to illuminate the outside (&
inside!) of the house, and these looked like a good idea.
The one I purchased allegedly had two lasers (red & green) and four
different effects.
Trouble is - this one seems to be faulty - the ebay seller has refunded my
money (bless 'em).
The unit has a waterproof momentary push-button on the back, it seems to
need a press in order to start the thing working - which is kind of
inconvenient as our outdoor lights are usually on a timer, and, even if
this unit was working properly, I can't see me nipping outside every night
just to push the button!
Just wondering if anybody else has one of these new-fangled units - and
whether theirs starts automatically when mains is switched on, or if it's
a elfin-safety feature of the unit that it requires a digit on the button
to start the lasers?
The very thin user manual also says that the unit needs to be switched
'off' to cool down for 30 minutes after 5 hours of running... this
particular unit doesn't run for more than a minute or so before cutting
out, so it's kind of academic g
Any real-life experiences, please?
Thanks
Adrian