Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Quiz - down lights and that extension

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Spotlights.jpg

OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the
extension. And the customer seems to like down lights.

We will also be rewiring the existing house.

So how many down lights will we end up fitting when the job is complete?

There are no detailed plans so I do not know the answer ATM.

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

If it helps at all I can tell you that the basement extension has 54
down lights.

[1] Probably a **** one

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW writes:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Spotlights.jpg

OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the
extension. And the customer seems to like down lights.

We will also be rewiring the existing house.

So how many down lights will we end up fitting when the job is complete?

There are no detailed plans so I do not know the answer ATM.

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

If it helps at all I can tell you that the basement extension has 54
down lights.

[1] Probably a **** one

What angle are they on the top floor?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Spotlights.jpg

OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the extension.
And the customer seems to like down lights.

We will also be rewiring the existing house.

So how many down lights will we end up fitting when the job is complete?

There are no detailed plans so I do not know the answer ATM.

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

If it helps at all I can tell you that the basement extension has 54 down
lights.

[1] Probably a **** one

270.
I am interested in what the view from the tastefully designed extension is
like. Trees and more of the ****ty fence panels by any chance?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 26 November 2016 17:43:32 UTC, ARW wrote:
OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the
extension. And the customer seems to like down lights.

Has the customer discovered walk-over uplights yet?

I'll guess 185.

Have you put in fused spurs for the MP3 toilet-roll holders?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2016 17:43, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Spotlights.jpg

OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the
extension. And the customer seems to like down lights.

We will also be rewiring the existing house.

So how many down lights will we end up fitting when the job is complete?

There are no detailed plans so I do not know the answer ATM.

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

If it helps at all I can tell you that the basement extension has 54
down lights.

420

All fitted with grow lamps.
--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Insideout.jpg

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 2016-11-27, ARW wrote:
On 26/11/2016 20:08, Richard wrote:

270.
I am interested in what the view from the tastefully designed extension
is like. Trees and more of the ****ty fence panels by any chance?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Insideout.jpg

They'd have been better off spending the money moving somewhere with a
nice view.

In Doncaster?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 17:43:34 +0000, ARW wrote:

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

If it helps at all I can tell you that the basement extension has 54
down lights.

[1] Probably a **** one

I'm feeling lucky 'cos the only prizes I've ever won in my entire life
have been **** ones. I'll say 64.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 27 November 2016 19:12:52 UTC, ARW wrote:
They'd have been better off spending the money moving somewhere with a
nice view.

In Doncaster?

There must be nice parts of Doncaster? (Possibly outside it.)

Found an internet comment that children in Bessacarr harden their conkers in balsamic vinegar.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 26 November 2016 17:43:32 UTC, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Spotlights.jpg

OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the
extension. And the customer seems to like down lights.

We will also be rewiring the existing house.

So how many down lights will we end up fitting when the job is complete?

There are no detailed plans so I do not know the answer ATM.

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

If it helps at all I can tell you that the basement extension has 54
down lights.

[1] Probably a **** one

I'll decline to guess, as a night out with one of your apprentices isn't something I'd like to 'win' ;-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/16 17:43, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Spotlights.jpg

OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the
extension. And the customer seems to like down lights.

We will also be rewiring the existing house.

So how many down lights will we end up fitting when the job is complete?

There are no detailed plans so I do not know the answer ATM.

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

404.

202 up, then as customer changes mind, them 202 down and another 202 up.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/12/2016 20:48, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 26/11/16 17:43, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Spotlights.jpg

OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the
extension. And the customer seems to like down lights.

We will also be rewiring the existing house.

So how many down lights will we end up fitting when the job is complete?

There are no detailed plans so I do not know the answer ATM.

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

404.

202 up, then as customer changes mind, them 202 down and another 202 up.

I only found out about the loft conversion today!

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/16 17:43, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Spotlights.jpg

OK so we have first fixed the basement and ground floor of the
extension. And the customer seems to like down lights.

We will also be rewiring the existing house.

So how many down lights will we end up fitting when the job is complete?

There are no detailed plans so I do not know the answer ATM.

However the person closest to the answer (when we have finished the job)
will win a prize[1].

404.

202 up, then as customer changes mind, them 202 down and another 202 up.

I only found out about the loft conversion today!

--
Adam

changing the goalposts ;-)

Graph paper lighting design, downlighter every sqM.

367 total controlled by a 3 gang light switch per level...
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 03/12/2016 13:59, Adam Aglionby wrote:

changing the goalposts ;-)

Graph paper lighting design, downlighter every sqM.

367 total controlled by a 3 gang light switch per level...

Even I will not know the answer until the job is finished.

So far Bedrooms 4 and 5 have both been 1st fixed (and their ensuites and
dressing rooms) All spotlights.

Both skylights are having LED strip to light them up.

I set up the tower scaffold on Saturday for the Master bedroom 1st fix.
And guess what - that's all spot lights.

The games room will have a 12 gang dimmer switch.

The bedrooms will all have Lightwave RF switches and for the ultimate in
tackiness the ensuites and dressing rooms will have PIR sensors.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 December 2016 20:11:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
The bedrooms will all have Lightwave RF switches and for the ultimate in
tackiness the ensuites and dressing rooms will have PIR sensors.

Most of my visitors thought I was being adventurous with 2-way switching for the bedhead lights.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
On 03/12/2016 13:59, Adam Aglionby wrote:

changing the goalposts ;-)

Graph paper lighting design, downlighter every sqM.

367 total controlled by a 3 gang light switch per level...

Even I will not know the answer until the job is finished.

So far Bedrooms 4 and 5 have both been 1st fixed (and their ensuites and
dressing rooms) All spotlights.

Both skylights are having LED strip to light them up.

I set up the tower scaffold on Saturday for the Master bedroom 1st fix.
And guess what - that's all spot lights.

The games room will have a 12 gang dimmer switch.

The bedrooms will all have Lightwave RF switches and for the ultimate in
tackiness the ensuites and dressing rooms will have PIR sensors.

Nothing tacky about that, it makes sense to have
them where its easy to ensure that they work reliably.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
ARW wrote

The bedrooms will all have Lightwave RF switches and for the ultimate
in tackiness the ensuites and dressing rooms will have PIR sensors.

Most of my visitors thought I was being adventurous
with 2-way switching for the bedhead lights.

Yeah, most dont have clue about a decent UI with lights.

Clearly adam doesnt either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 8:11:45 PM UTC, ARW wrote:
On 03/12/2016 13:59, Adam Aglionby wrote:

changing the goalposts ;-)

Graph paper lighting design, downlighter every sqM.

367 total controlled by a 3 gang light switch per level...

Even I will not know the answer until the job is finished.

So far Bedrooms 4 and 5 have both been 1st fixed (and their ensuites and
dressing rooms) All spotlights.

What lamp is going in the downlights RO60s? ;-)

Both skylights are having LED strip to light them up.

I set up the tower scaffold on Saturday for the Master bedroom 1st fix.
And guess what - that's all spot lights.

All the relaxing ambience of a motorway services..

No wall socket or floor circuits for table lamps?

The games room will have a 12 gang dimmer switch.

Don`t need to go full Lutron building management but gotta think a scene setting panel and remote dimmers would have been easier to fit.

The bedrooms will all have Lightwave RF switches and for the ultimate in
tackiness the ensuites and dressing rooms will have PIR sensors.

No reading the paper on the throne for too long then ;-)

Is there an additional award for guessing amount of cable going in, guess your going to go north of 3km total

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 06/12/2016 11:39, Adam Aglionby wrote:
[...]

It will be all dimmable lighting. I WOULD have used Lutron if it was my
house.

The bit that gets me is that the ensuite's are not having doors fitted
between them and the bedroom!

As for the amount of cable. Now that is a good one. Are we talking just
T&E? That's already passed the 5km mark and Bed 2 and 3 still need
wiring up.

Cheers

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/2016 19:46, ARW wrote:
[...]

Hotels might have a few km of cable. We are talking of a house and
you're saying you have already used 50 reels of T&E?

I wonder how much of that has gone on foreigners? Certainly the house
needed a fraction of that amount.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/2016 20:10, Fredxxx wrote:
On 09/12/2016 19:46, ARW wrote:
[...]

Not immigration again?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 09/12/2016 19:46, ARW wrote:

As for the amount of cable. Now that is a good one. Are we talking just
T&E? That's already passed the 5km mark and Bed 2 and 3 still need
wiring up.

Hotels might have a few km of cable. We are talking of a house and
you're saying you have already used 50 reels of T&E?

I wonder how much of that has gone on foreigners? Certainly the house
needed a fraction of that amount.

50 rolls if you include the 3 core and earth.

All outside lights are radials back to the garage [1], that used a fair bit.

Radial circuits for two pumps, 2 fridgefreezers, 2 dishwashers, coffee
machine, 2 ovens, microwave, quooker tap, hob.

A radial for every room stat - this is UFH with separate stats for every
room and don't forget that there are 5 ensuites and 5 dressing rooms)
plus all the wiring from the manifolds back to the boiler.

[1] Apart from the two lights on the master bedroom balcony but even
they used up over 20m from the bedroom switch to the lights.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2016 06:42, ARW wrote:

[1] Apart from the two lights on the master bedroom balcony but even
they used up over 20m from the bedroom switch to the lights.

Only one switch?
Most people with large bedrooms like switches by the bed and the door(s).

Maybe he has forgotten to ask?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 10/12/2016 11:29, dennis@home wrote:
On 10/12/2016 06:42, ARW wrote:

[1] Apart from the two lights on the master bedroom balcony but even
they used up over 20m from the bedroom switch to the lights.

Only one switch?
Most people with large bedrooms like switches by the bed and the door(s).

Maybe he has forgotten to ask?

There is one switch for the two balcony lights. The other gangs of that
switch will do the rest of the lights in the bedroom and some will be
two wayed to the side of the bed.

So 20m of cable from the lightswitch to the outside lights.

--
Adam

Another quiz Gordon Shumway Home Repair 1 February 22nd 12 07:51 PM
Quiz [email protected] Metalworking 5 October 10th 11 01:35 AM
(OT) M25 Quiz Phil Jessop UK diy 26 December 23rd 10 10:45 PM
Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 christmaslightinginstall.blogs… — Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 We sale christmas lights and install them for you, house lights, holiday lights, trees lights, christmas lights Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 24th 08 07:02 PM
Lights Lights Christmas Lights Installation Los Angeles, BeverlyHills, Santa Monica, Culver City, Marina Del Rey, Calabasas, Agoura HillsThousand Oaks Holiday Lights Installation 1-310-925-1720 Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 15th 08 02:25 AM