Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Quiz - down lights and that extension

On 09/12/2016 20:10, Fredxxx wrote:
On 09/12/2016 19:46, ARW wrote:

As for the amount of cable. Now that is a good one. Are we talking just
T&E? That's already passed the 5km mark and Bed 2 and 3 still need
wiring up.

Hotels might have a few km of cable. We are talking of a house and
you're saying you have already used 50 reels of T&E?

I wonder how much of that has gone on foreigners? Certainly the house
needed a fraction of that amount.

50 rolls if you include the 3 core and earth.

All outside lights are radials back to the garage [1], that used a fair bit.

Radial circuits for two pumps, 2 fridgefreezers, 2 dishwashers, coffee
machine, 2 ovens, microwave, quooker tap, hob.

A radial for every room stat - this is UFH with separate stats for every
room and don't forget that there are 5 ensuites and 5 dressing rooms)
plus all the wiring from the manifolds back to the boiler.

[1] Apart from the two lights on the master bedroom balcony but even
they used up over 20m from the bedroom switch to the lights.

--
Adam