Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

The incomer is two core flex from a from a non RCD protected supply.

The main use of the socket is to power some Christmas lights (which are
not IP rated) around the summerhouse.

We got the phone call to have a look at the electrics after the owners
dog ****ed on the lights and got an electric shock.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:15:11 +0000, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

The incomer is two core flex from a from a non RCD protected supply.

The main use of the socket is to power some Christmas lights (which are
not IP rated) around the summerhouse.

We got the phone call to have a look at the electrics after the owners
dog ****ed on the lights and got an electric shock.

I kind of like the earth connection to the wooden wall.

Tell the dog not to **** on the lights.

Cheers

Dave R

--
AMD FX-6300 Windows 7 Pro x64

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blue
yonder.co.uk escribió:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

Added. Ta. *waves*

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

yonder.co.uk escribió:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

Added. Ta. *waves*

Where are you keeping this hall of shame?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:15:11 +0000, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

"Issa local earth, see?"

Thomas Prufer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

Where are you keeping this hall of shame?

In a folder entitled "Dodgy 'lectrics" on my hard disk. Happy to share,
though.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Thomas
Prufer escribió:

"Issa local earth, see?"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk3dj93x50...fotocompilado-
neeerd-10-08.jpg?dl=0

http://tinyurl.com/hwejqp2

It's a South American death-shower, one of the ones that passes the
water over a bare live element.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2016 09:48, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

Where are you keeping this hall of shame?

In a folder entitled "Dodgy 'lectrics" on my hard disk. Happy to share,
though.

Might make a good "hall of shame" section on the wiki or faq?

(which aside from the entertainment value, can sometimes be instructive
if there is a bit of commentary with pics highlighting the problems)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

Might make a good "hall of shame" section on the wiki or faq?

I'll zip the folder up and make it available for download, will post
back with a link when done.

Not all are dodgy - a few are "interesting"

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")

Zinc guttering for summerhouse Steven Higgins UK diy 6 November 23rd 16 10:18 PM
Summerhouse rain water DerbyBorn[_5_] UK diy 4 November 9th 16 10:30 AM
Summerhouse roof revisited Bill[_18_] UK diy 14 August 23rd 10 05:47 PM
Summerhouse roof Bill[_18_] UK diy 15 August 1st 10 01:21 PM
Foundations for a summerhouse? Andy Dingley UK diy 7 January 23rd 08 03:33 PM