DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/581926-nice-bit-wiring-summerhouse.html)

ARW November 24th 16 06:15 PM

Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

The incomer is two core flex from a from a non RCD protected supply.

The main use of the socket is to power some Christmas lights (which are
not IP rated) around the summerhouse.

We got the phone call to have a look at the electrics after the owners
dog ****ed on the lights and got an electric shock.

--
Adam

David November 25th 16 12:01 PM

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:15:11 +0000, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

The incomer is two core flex from a from a non RCD protected supply.

The main use of the socket is to power some Christmas lights (which are
not IP rated) around the summerhouse.

We got the phone call to have a look at the electrics after the owners
dog ****ed on the lights and got an electric shock.

I kind of like the earth connection to the wooden wall.

Tell the dog not to **** on the lights.

Cheers

Dave R

--
AMD FX-6300 Windows 7 Pro x64

---

Mike Tomlinson November 26th 16 04:03 PM

Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blue
yonder.co.uk escribió:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

Added. Ta. *waves*

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10

John Rumm November 26th 16 06:56 PM

yonder.co.uk escribió:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

Added. Ta. *waves*

Where are you keeping this hall of shame?

--
Cheers,

John.

Thomas Prufer November 27th 16 08:57 AM

Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:15:11 +0000, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ummerhouse.jpg

"Issa local earth, see?"

Thomas Prufer

Mike Tomlinson November 27th 16 09:48 AM

Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse

En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

Where are you keeping this hall of shame?

In a folder entitled "Dodgy 'lectrics" on my hard disk. Happy to share,
though.

--
(\_/)

Mike Tomlinson November 27th 16 09:52 AM

Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse

En el artículo , Thomas
Prufer escribió:

"Issa local earth, see?"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk3dj93x50...fotocompilado-
neeerd-10-08.jpg?dl=0

http://tinyurl.com/hwejqp2

It's a South American death-shower, one of the ones that passes the
water over a bare live element.

--
(\_/)

John Rumm November 27th 16 02:02 PM

Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse

On 27/11/2016 09:48, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

Where are you keeping this hall of shame?

In a folder entitled "Dodgy 'lectrics" on my hard disk. Happy to share,
though.

Might make a good "hall of shame" section on the wiki or faq?

(which aside from the entertainment value, can sometimes be instructive
if there is a bit of commentary with pics highlighting the problems)

--
Cheers,

John.

Mike Tomlinson November 27th 16 06:16 PM

Rumm escribió:

Might make a good "hall of shame" section on the wiki or faq?

I'll zip the folder up and make it available for download, will post
back with a link when done.

Not all are dodgy - a few are "interesting"

--
(\_/)