Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extension lead ruined by sunlight

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 23:10:05 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 26/11/16 22:45, GB wrote:
On 26/11/16 22:30, GB wrote:
On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 11:05:31 -0000, GB

GB came on here to complain that what looks like a £2.99 Aldi
extension
strip wore out. So what? Buy another one.

You are so selfish that your only thought is that I was complaining. I
wasn't. I was warning other people on this NG that there's a potential
problem that could lead to an electric shock or fire, possibly.

There's a clue in the OP that ought to have penetrated your
self-centred
brain, where I say: "Just a minor warning:".

And, yes, of course, I've thrown the extension lead away, and next
time
I buy one it will be a better make. However cheap the original lead
was,
it doesn't excuse it being hazardous.

Why do people need to be warned to throw things away when they fall
apart?

You just show yourself up as an idiot when you ask inane questions.
Clearly, the answer to your stupid question is that the damage may not
be immediately apparent.

You just show yourself up as an idiot when you answer with inane answers.

If the damage is not apparent, how do you know its faulty at all?

You missed out a key word in order to make a daft point. I said
immediately apparent.

In my case, only the side of the extension lead facing the sun was
brittle. Since I normally only saw it from the other side, the first I
knew of the problem was when I picked up the extension lead, the plastic
crumbled away, and my fingers were in direct contact with the
conductors.

And the damage became immediately apparent.

He'd have to be damn stupid to continue gripping it once he felt it crumble. So zero chance of a sensible person touching the insides.

--
Yellatio: Really loud oral sex
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 22:54:22 -0000, GB wrote:

It's only not immediately apparent to a clueless ****wit of the third
order.

Well, it's just as well you heeded my warning then.

I have had six shocks off the mains, it does no harm.

We can all see that that is what has fried what you have between your ears.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

**** off Rod.

--
During the weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives.
From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

Extension lead [email protected] UK diy 1 July 1st 14 04:13 PM
Extension lead for mower GB UK diy 47 May 27th 14 08:41 PM
Curly extension lead The Medway Handyman UK diy 15 May 10th 08 02:19 PM
Extension lead thingy Steve Jones UK diy 3 December 6th 04 01:37 PM
How (not) to wire an extension lead Owain UK diy 7 August 19th 04 10:35 AM