Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curly extension lead

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Googling 'curly cable' throws up this amongst others...

http://www.eland.co.uk/electrical-ca...lex-cable.html

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

What on earth for? I can't stand curly leads we all know they have a
tendancy to wrap around when stretched.
The two phones are wireless,the curly leaded one had an accident with the
wall. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ron Lowe wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

Googling 'curly cable' throws up this amongst others...

http://www.eland.co.uk/electrical-ca...lex-cable.html

Thats the stuff, but I only want about 2 metres :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-08 20:41:35 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

RS have them if you want a short one.

For longer cords I know a custom supplier

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

Ron Lowe wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

Googling 'curly cable' throws up this amongst others...

http://www.eland.co.uk/electrical-ca...cable31/curly-
flex-cable.html

Thats the stuff, but I only want about 2 metres :-)

CPC sell such a beast IIRC

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Ron Lowe wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead
from? 'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

Googling 'curly cable' throws up this amongst others...

http://www.eland.co.uk/electrical-ca...lex-cable.html

Thats the stuff, but I only want about 2 metres :-)

Best make it three to allow for the inevitable knots that it will tie itself
in. ;-)

I bought a curly garden hose once - never again.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-08 20:41:35 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

RS have them if you want a short one.

Don't spose you have a direct link or part number? Their search facility
came up with 3,590 possible reults :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

On 2008-05-08 20:41:35 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

RS have them if you want a short one.

Don't spose you have a direct link or part number? Their search facility
came up with 3,590 possible reults :-)

A 10m one took a few seconds to find

http://cpc.farnell.com/PL02272/elect...y/product.us0?
sku=pro-elec-mm5101&_requestid=9594

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

On 2008-05-08 20:41:35 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead
from? 'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

RS have them if you want a short one.

Don't spose you have a direct link or part number? Their search
facility came up with 3,590 possible reults :-)

A 10m one took a few seconds to find

http://cpc.farnell.com/PL02272/elect...y/product.us0?
sku=pro-elec-mm5101&_requestid=9594

Thanks Geoff, but I'm after a much, much tighter curl, like a telephone
cable & only want a 2m length. I've seen one at a customers house so I know
they exsist - he thought he bought it from Homebase, but I've looked & no
joy.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.. .

geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

On 2008-05-08 20:41:35 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead
from? 'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

RS have them if you want a short one.

Don't spose you have a direct link or part number? Their search
facility came up with 3,590 possible reults :-)

A 10m one took a few seconds to find

http://cpc.farnell.com/PL02272/elect...y/product.us0?
sku=pro-elec-mm5101&_requestid=9594

Thanks Geoff, but I'm after a much, much tighter curl, like a telephone
cable & only want a 2m length. I've seen one at a customers house so I

know
they exsist - he thought he bought it from Homebase, but I've looked & no
joy.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Try electrical factors ie city electrical,ect

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

Like:

http://cpc.farnell.com/CB01906/cable...-x-9-black-13a

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-08 23:18:22 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2008-05-08 20:41:35 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead from?
'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

RS have them if you want a short one.

Don't spose you have a direct link or part number? Their search facility
came up with 3,590 possible reults :-)

224-1893

Using a keyword of "coiled" found this and others in "flexible mains cables"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.. .

geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

On 2008-05-08 20:41:35 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead
from? 'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

RS have them if you want a short one.

Don't spose you have a direct link or part number? Their search
facility came up with 3,590 possible reults :-)

A 10m one took a few seconds to find

http://cpc.farnell.com/PL02272/elect...y/product.us0?
sku=pro-elec-mm5101&_requestid=9594

Thanks Geoff, but I'm after a much, much tighter curl, like a telephone
cable & only want a 2m length. I've seen one at a customers house so I
know they exsist - he thought he bought it from Homebase, but I've looked
& no joy.

You don't really want one.
If its for a long term use make one to size.
If its temporary then remember that they don't stretch far without
considerable force and the plug comes out of the socket. Far better to use a
ventilated reel with high temp flex and unwind the bit you need.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

On 2008-05-08 20:41:35 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Anyone know where I can get a 'curly' 230v x 13a extension lead
from? 'Curly' like the cord on a telephone.

Or even just a short length of curly cable?

RS have them if you want a short one.

Don't spose you have a direct link or part number? Their search
facility came up with 3,590 possible reults :-)

A 10m one took a few seconds to find

http://cpc.farnell.com/PL02272/elect...y/product.us0?
sku=pro-elec-mm5101&_requestid=9594

Thanks Geoff, but I'm after a much, much tighter curl, like a telephone
cable & only want a 2m length. I've seen one at a customers house so I know
they exsist

Yes, they do, I have one (tight, short and curly) somewhere

buggered if I can remember where it is though

The example above was the first one I came across - I'm SURE that CPC
have them in stock

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Tim Downie"
saying something like:

I bought a curly garden hose once - never again.

Ditto for air hoses - much better with a good quality straight hose.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.