Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extension lead

Its probably time for a new one, but worth asking...
Its a cassette job, rated 4A wound, 6A unwound. I've used it with multi-kW loads for years, ie power tools with limited duty cycle so nothing gets remotely hot. But its taken to tripping its thermal cutout when its stone cold.. Was wondering if there's some practical fix, but there probably isn't. I dont see how to open the thing, but if I do I may just wire over the thermal trip and rely on a plug fuse.

NT

Extension lead for mower GB UK diy 47 May 27th 14 08:41 PM
Curly extension lead The Medway Handyman UK diy 15 May 10th 08 02:19 PM
Extension lead thingy Steve Jones UK diy 3 December 6th 04 01:37 PM
How to unscrew power extension lead box ? Timothy Murphy UK diy 11 August 24th 04 12:46 AM
How (not) to wire an extension lead Owain UK diy 7 August 19th 04 10:35 AM