Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default From garden pond automatic filler to antenna trimmer

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxXvwNWUcAAcztQ.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Intrigueing sub line, pray tell what the picture is?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxXvwNWUcAAcztQ.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Intrigueing sub line, pray tell what the picture is?

It shows a kit of parts, consisting of some heavy-duty circular jubilee
clips and brackets, a long pole with a black part on it circled in red,
various smalls screws and an Allen key, and a printed parts list. These are
laid out on what looks like a tiled lino floor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 09:39:08 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Intrigueing sub line, pray tell what the picture is?
Brian

It is a 27 MHz vertical antenna, but the grub screw to trim the top section did not fit, so I used a circular clip from a ball valve I had in the pond.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxYDkTKUQAA_c6y.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh, I see, and one also needs to ask as resonant lengths are known for 27Mhz
how come one has to trim it in the first place. Given a good cable the vswr
should be pretty optimal unless somebody has put it very close to something
else or has a particularly fussy rig.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 09:39:08 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Intrigueing sub line, pray tell what the picture is?
Brian

It is a 27 MHz vertical antenna, but the grub screw to trim the top
section did not fit, so I used a circular clip from a ball valve I had in
the pond.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxYDkTKUQAA_c6y.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 12:41:56 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh, I see, and one also needs to ask as resonant lengths are known for 27Mhz
how come one has to trim it in the first place. Given a good cable the vswr
should be pretty optimal unless somebody has put it very close to something
else or has a particularly fussy rig.

If I get correct piece of kit, I expect it to be cock on.

Garden Pond Bill[_18_] UK diy 17 September 3rd 14 09:16 PM
Garden Pond Pump Horse With No Name UK diy 4 May 3rd 07 08:32 AM
Rewiring garden pond pump? Douglas de Lacey UK diy 35 August 9th 06 06:04 PM
Filling in the Garden Pond JP UK diy 4 August 28th 05 05:05 PM
automatic line feed grass/edge trimmer John Doe Home Repair 0 January 27th 05 07:04 AM