Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default From garden pond automatic filler to antenna trimmer

Oh, I see, and one also needs to ask as resonant lengths are known for 27Mhz
how come one has to trim it in the first place. Given a good cable the vswr
should be pretty optimal unless somebody has put it very close to something
else or has a particularly fussy rig.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 09:39:08 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Intrigueing sub line, pray tell what the picture is?
Brian

It is a 27 MHz vertical antenna, but the grub screw to trim the top
section did not fit, so I used a circular clip from a ball valve I had in
the pond.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxYDkTKUQAA_c6y.jpg