Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garden Pond Pump

Hi.
Anyone installed one of these? I'm just a bit concerned about running a
cable around the edge of the garden and I'm not sure if the transformer
plugs into the wall or stays outside.
Suggestions and comments welcomed.

Danz
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"Horse With No Name" wrote in message
Hi.
Anyone installed one of these? I'm just a bit concerned about running a
cable around the edge of the garden and I'm not sure if the transformer
plugs into the wall or stays outside.
Suggestions and comments welcomed.

Danz

Mine is a 240 volt pump
Cable is in rainwater downpipe buried in the ground along with the water
feed to the filter tank which is next to the garage
That cable and the one for the uv filter then go into the garage

If you are installing a low voltage pump put the transformer indoors in an
existing socket
As the cable outside is low voltage the cable is not such a safety issue

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:
"Horse With No Name" wrote in message
Hi.
Anyone installed one of these? I'm just a bit concerned about running a
cable around the edge of the garden and I'm not sure if the transformer
plugs into the wall or stays outside.
Suggestions and comments welcomed.

Danz

Mine is a 240 volt pump
Cable is in rainwater downpipe buried in the ground along with the water
feed to the filter tank which is next to the garage
That cable and the one for the uv filter then go into the garage

If you are installing a low voltage pump put the transformer indoors in an
existing socket
As the cable outside is low voltage the cable is not such a safety issue

Tony

Do you (or anyone else) know the pros and cons of normal vs low voltage?

Danz
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Horse With No Name
writes
Do you (or anyone else) know the pros and cons of normal vs low
voltage?

The low voltage pumps seem fine and are much safer. I guess the thicker
wire in the windings could even make them more reliable.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Horse With No Name" wrote in message

Do you (or anyone else) know the pros and cons of normal vs low voltage?

The low voltage ones need thicker cable.
Unless its a big pump you won't notice this.

I recommend the low voltage ones as they are much safer.