Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Controls for electric blanket

The setting is set to high for the blanket but the temp is nothing like
it used to be, more like the low setting temp. The temp is adjusted by
a rotating dial 1-9.

If I can get the control apart as there are no visible screws to
seperate so maybe a press fit, what should I look for (if it is
electronic I will bin them) as a possible cause?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ss" wrote in message
The setting is set to high for the blanket but the temp is nothing like it
used to be, more like the low setting temp. The temp is adjusted by a
rotating dial 1-9.

If I can get the control apart as there are no visible screws to seperate
so maybe a press fit, what should I look for (if it is electronic I will
bin them) as a possible cause?

Its unlikely to be the control, much more likely to be the blanket itself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:
The setting is set to high for the blanket but the temp is nothing like
it used to be, more like the low setting temp. The temp is adjusted by
a rotating dial 1-9.

If I can get the control apart as there are no visible screws to
seperate so maybe a press fit, what should I look for (if it is
electronic I will bin them) as a possible cause?

How old is the blanket? Probably more likely that you have a dead element
circuit in the blanket itself. Of course I could be wrong but I think a
new blanket will be the simplest solution (if not the most satisfying from
a DIY POV).

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2016 21:31, ss wrote:
The setting is set to high for the blanket but the temp is nothing like
it used to be, more like the low setting temp. The temp is adjusted by
a rotating dial 1-9.

If I can get the control apart as there are no visible screws to
seperate so maybe a press fit, what should I look for (if it is
electronic I will bin them) as a possible cause?

I opened a faulty controller[1] with multiple heat settings and 2 timer
settings. It had a PCB with microchips. I retired in good order (as I
never got my head around electronics, let alone microelectronics); but
in bad odour with the owner who thought I could fix stuff.

[1] evidence that the fault was in the controller - not the blanket:
swapping it with the controller from t'other side of the double blanket
swapped the side with the problem.
--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2016 21:31, ss wrote:
The setting is set to high for the blanket but the temp is nothing like
it used to be, more like the low setting temp. The temp is adjusted by
a rotating dial 1-9.

If I can get the control apart as there are no visible screws to
seperate so maybe a press fit, what should I look for (if it is
electronic I will bin them) as a possible cause?

wow didn't know these were still around ... last one I saw was in the 70's