StealthUK

Default Shower pump continues to run

Just lowered some pipes in a loft so they now sit below the joists -
loft floor will then be boarded. Done everything and then turned the
water back on but ended up with an airlock in the cold water taps so I
went to get a hose. When I came back the house owner had already
removed the airlock. So all good!

Just been called by the house owner tonight and he tells me the shower
pump won't stop. The pump is working fine and they have used the
shower but after turning the shower off it continues to run. I've been
round and disconnected the pump from the electrical supply.

Any ideas folks?
Set Square

StealthUK wrote:

Just lowered some pipes in a loft so they now sit below the joists -
loft floor will then be boarded. Done everything and then turned the
water back on but ended up with an airlock in the cold water taps so I
went to get a hose. When I came back the house owner had already
removed the airlock. So all good!

Just been called by the house owner tonight and he tells me the shower
pump won't stop. The pump is working fine and they have used the
shower but after turning the shower off it continues to run. I've been
round and disconnected the pump from the electrical supply.

Any ideas folks?

Presumably the pump is controlled by a flow switch which senses a small
gravity flow when the shower is turned on - and should turn off when you
manually stop the flow?

Sounds like this flow switch is duff. Was it disturbed when you were doing
the piping mods? If not, seems a bit of a co-incidence!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Paul King

"StealthUK" wrote in message
om...
Just lowered some pipes in a loft so they now sit below the joists -
loft floor will then be boarded. Done everything and then turned the
water back on but ended up with an airlock in the cold water taps so I
went to get a hose. When I came back the house owner had already
removed the airlock. So all good!

Just been called by the house owner tonight and he tells me the shower
pump won't stop. The pump is working fine and they have used the
shower but after turning the shower off it continues to run. I've been
round and disconnected the pump from the electrical supply.

Any ideas folks?

You don't suppose that the house owner is trying to pull a fast one do you?
"No, course he wouldn't. After all - I *DID* check everything first" - nah!.
Besides - just how *DID* he remove that airlock????????

---

Christian McArdle

Besides - just how *DID* he remove that airlock????????

Sounds like he backflushed with mains water and knackered or jammed the flow
switch.

Christian.

StealthUK

I don't think the house owner is pulling a fast one because he seems
like a decent chap.

I didn't do any pipework near the pump. The pump is located under the
bath and I was working only as far as the top of the storage tank
cupboard so there is no chance the pipework could have been affected
anywhere near the pump.

Regards the airlock, it may well have been caused by the houseowner
because as I had just turned the water to the tank back on he rushed
to check if the power shower worked. He claims to have removed the air
lock by sucking on the shower head and basin mixer tap. How you suck a
shower head I don't know.

The only reason the pump should carry on working (as far as I know) is
if there is a leak between the pump and the shower head or a faulty
sensor as you say. There's no evidence of a leak and it just seems to
coincidental for the sensor to have failed at the same time.