Gary Holt

Default Shower Pump start as a result of other taps

Having moved into a new house, I have a strange problem. Sometime on
using a tap (either upstairs or downstairs), the pump starts working. As
this is a mira PPT3 which is connected to a mira mixer shower 88, this
should only start as a result of turning the shower on. The way to stop
the pump to to go to the upstairs bath and run the hot water for a
minute until and then slowly turn the tap off the noise stops.

Its as if the pump is starting in reverse !!

Having looked at the news group my first Idea was a one way valve but
could this cause my problems also have come across a surrey(sussex)
value on the news group should this solve my problem.

Any ideas welcome !!

Gary
gary.hol t@ talk21 . com

BigWallop

"Gary Holt" wrote in message
Having moved into a new house, I have a strange problem. Sometime on
using a tap (either upstairs or downstairs), the pump starts working. As
this is a mira PPT3 which is connected to a mira mixer shower 88, this
should only start as a result of turning the shower on. The way to stop
the pump to to go to the upstairs bath and run the hot water for a
minute until and then slowly turn the tap off the noise stops.

Its as if the pump is starting in reverse !!

Having looked at the news group my first Idea was a one way valve but
could this cause my problems also have come across a surrey(sussex)
value on the news group should this solve my problem.

Any ideas welcome !!

Gary
gary.hol t@ talk21 . com

If you have the user manual for the pump, then take a look at how to set the
pressure differential switch. This normally fixes it.

Allan Plant

Gary Holt wrote:

Having moved into a new house, I have a strange problem. Sometime on
using a tap (either upstairs or downstairs), the pump starts working. As
this is a mira PPT3 which is connected to a mira mixer shower 88, this
should only start as a result of turning the shower on. The way to stop
the pump to to go to the upstairs bath and run the hot water for a
minute until and then slowly turn the tap off the noise stops.

Its as if the pump is starting in reverse !!

Having looked at the news group my first Idea was a one way valve but
could this cause my problems also have come across a surrey(sussex)
value on the news group should this solve my problem.

Any ideas welcome !!

Gary
gary.hol t@ talk21 . com

We had a similar problem with our twin impeller Showerforce
pump. Using some of the hot taps would cause the pump to
momentarily start and I was concerned that it would shorten the
life of the pump. I completely disconnected the hot water flow
switch on the pump. The pump now takes a little longer to start
(on the cold water flow switch) but this is acceptable. It no
longer 'blips' every time a hot tap is used.
Best check with Mira that this mod wouldn't cause any harm to the
pump, and only do it yourself if you are electrically competent.

hth
Allan

The pump keeps on going and will only stop via either the bath or basic
(bathroom upstairs) staps being run for a few mins until the noise stops. I
suspect the water contains air !!!!