BigWallop

Default Shower Pump start as a result of other taps

"Gary Holt" wrote in message
Having moved into a new house, I have a strange problem. Sometime on
using a tap (either upstairs or downstairs), the pump starts working. As
this is a mira PPT3 which is connected to a mira mixer shower 88, this
should only start as a result of turning the shower on. The way to stop
the pump to to go to the upstairs bath and run the hot water for a
minute until and then slowly turn the tap off the noise stops.

Its as if the pump is starting in reverse !!

Having looked at the news group my first Idea was a one way valve but
could this cause my problems also have come across a surrey(sussex)
value on the news group should this solve my problem.

Any ideas welcome !!

Gary
gary.hol t@ talk21 . com

If you have the user manual for the pump, then take a look at how to set the
pressure differential switch. This normally fixes it.