Jason Arthurs

Default Anyone recommend a good cheap ladder (18' ish)

I need to get hold of a long ladder to clear my gutters and repaint
the barge boards. Since this will only be a perhaps a weekend a year
type job can anyone recommend a place to either buy a cheap ladder or
perhaps rent one for a weekend?

My only other reason for buying is that it's impossible to clean our
top floor windows properly from the inside and a ladder would mean I
could give them the attention they need from the outside instead.

Regards,
Jason.

---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.
Phil

"Jason Arthurs" wrote in message
I need to get hold of a long ladder to clear my gutters and repaint
the barge boards. Since this will only be a perhaps a weekend a year
type job can anyone recommend a place to either buy a cheap ladder or
perhaps rent one for a weekend?

My only other reason for buying is that it's impossible to clean our
top floor windows properly from the inside and a ladder would mean I
could give them the attention they need from the outside instead.

Regards,
Jason.

At the risk of sounding too personal, how much do you weigh and what's the
combined weight of yourself and the stuff you're likely to be carrying up
the ladders?
Standard shed ladders are Class 3, rated to about 95kg static load. They're
the cheapest but if you're of more substantial build you'll need BSEN 131
ladders, rated to 150kg. Three section will be more expensive than two, but
more hassle to store.

Phil

Phil

"PJO" wrote in message

Sometimes people amaze me!

Wouldn't want him to come a cropper 'cos someone recommended some cheap crap
that wasn't up to it.

Phil

R W

PJO wrote:
Sometimes people amaze me!

Please do not top post.

Jason Arthurs

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:59:54 +0000 (UTC), "Phil"
wrote:

"Jason Arthurs" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

A very pertinent point, as I'm 6'1" and 107Kg I'm already over the
limit for most 'domestic' ladders. Not likely to be carrying much up
the ladders, myself and a cordless drill is likely to be an average
load.

I was recently looking at loft ladders and there are few that stow
away nice and small *and* take my weight. Let alone me carrying the
17Kg monitor that I've just got down from the loft...

Regards,
Jason.
---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.

Loft ladder Rob Nicholson UK diy 20 January 20th 04 01:19 PM
What length ladder and best place to buy them? David Hearn UK diy 14 January 13th 04 11:38 PM
Wireless Room Stats - Any good? Mike Hibbert UK diy 7 January 9th 04 04:53 PM
Preparing for masonry paint David UK diy 3 September 19th 03 05:51 PM
Buying a ladder Mark Atherton UK diy 0 August 27th 03 06:13 PM