Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Kitchen paint and shiny worktops

Is so-called kitchen paint really any different to a decent vinyl silk?

And...are those highly glossy marble-imitating worktops any good or do they
scratch easily?

Si

Christian McArdle

Is so-called kitchen paint really any different to a decent vinyl
silk?

It is, but Vinyl Silk isn't too bad for kitchens either, unless you use it
for a splashback.

Christian.

BillR

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
Is so-called kitchen paint really any different to a decent vinyl
silk?

And...are those highly glossy marble-imitating worktops any good or
do they scratch easily?

Si

Avoid any metallic type worktop finish. The effect is made just the same as
in car metallic paint.
i.e. light undercoat with colour finish on top.
So any little scratch shows up really well on a darkish metallic finish ...

RichardS

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
Is so-called kitchen paint really any different to a decent vinyl silk?

Dunno. I've always used vinyl silk, and by the time it's deteriorating then
I'm ready to give it a quick refresh or colour change anyway. If you want
super-lasting ability, use eggshell. You may curse somewhat if you ever
want to get it off though.

And...are those highly glossy marble-imitating worktops any good or do

they
scratch easily?

I installed one of those in a previous flat. Duropal or Resopal I think it
was. John Lewis tried to dissuade me from going with high gloss on the
grounds that scratches showed up, but when I left the place three years
later (the flat, not JLP) it still looked good as new. I'd go with it
again. Looked like 10x the cost, too.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

anthony james

"Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" wrote in message ...
Is so-called kitchen paint really any different to a decent vinyl silk?

We've used Dulux Kitchen and Bathroom in quite a few places now and
it's noticably more resilient than anything else i've used. It's a
lot more 'plastic' and wipes down well - we used it on the hall stairs
up to a first floor flat and i'm tempted to use it in all of the
hallways in the new place.