RichardS

Default Kitchen paint and shiny worktops

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
Is so-called kitchen paint really any different to a decent vinyl silk?

Dunno. I've always used vinyl silk, and by the time it's deteriorating then
I'm ready to give it a quick refresh or colour change anyway. If you want
super-lasting ability, use eggshell. You may curse somewhat if you ever
want to get it off though.

And...are those highly glossy marble-imitating worktops any good or do

they
scratch easily?

I installed one of those in a previous flat. Duropal or Resopal I think it
was. John Lewis tried to dissuade me from going with high gloss on the
grounds that scratches showed up, but when I left the place three years
later (the flat, not JLP) it still looked good as new. I'd go with it
again. Looked like 10x the cost, too.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at