John Greenwood

Default RO Water filter recommendation

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reverse osmosis water filter?

Thanks,

John

Grunff

John Greenwood wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reverse osmosis water filter?

I posted this in reply to a similar question a few months back:

"We put together our system from components purchased from
Sparrow & Newman in Devon. This is what we have:

20u 5u carbon RO carbon storage vessel UV tap.

Our incoming water is very dirty (chemically, not biologically).
The output is extremely clean.

You really need the storage vessel, since the output from a
small RO is very slow.

The total cost was around £500, and it costs around £100 per
year for a full set of new cartridges (actually, the 20um gets
replaced monthly, and the 5u every 2 months)."

HTH

--
Grunff

Martin

RO units run very slow, so you will need somewhere to store the result,
They also produce a LOT of waste.
Try "Purity On Tap", www.purityontap.com/ and follow the link for drinking
water systems.

"Martin" wrote in message
Depends on what you need it for?

"John Greenwood" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reverse osmosis water filter?

Thanks,

John

Grunff

Martin wrote:

RO units run very slow, so you will need somewhere to store the result,
They also produce a LOT of waste.

True.

Try "Purity On Tap", www.purityontap.com/ and follow the link for drinking
water systems.

None of the Gemini products on that page (One, Two and Super)
appear to be RO systems.

--
Grunff

Peter Parry

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:51:51 +0100, "John Greenwood"
wrote:

Fitted under sink to provide water for drinking and cooking.

What is the water source and the type of contamination you expect?

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

No pressure in Hot water tap!!! Help The Question Asker UK diy 8 July 21st 03 09:47 PM
Heating & hot water crisis - advice sought Trevor UK diy 4 July 16th 03 11:53 PM
Water softner for shower Sue Mortimore UK diy 20 July 16th 03 04:30 PM
Airlock in hot water pipes Neil UK diy 2 July 13th 03 10:57 AM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM