Kris

Default Best Screw of 2002

2002 Mine was the grateful lady at No22 .

2003 ditto.

2004 Eagerly looking forward to the rest of the year.

ATB

Kris
dmc

In article ,
Dave Plowman wrote:

If they were solid brass rather than brass effect, I'd say there'd be a
very real risk of shearing pozidriv ones. Besides, a brass screw is
obviously designed to be seen in this context, so should only be slotted.
I won't use pozidriv where they're likely to be seen.

Solid brass.

I broke 2 off out of the first 4 (one of those rare times when my Dremel
is invaluable) before I gave up and went down the shed to find some slotted
brass screws.

As for the look of the screws - I can't say I am particulary bothered by
what head is on them as long as they match!

Darren

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Simon Avery wrote:
DP| Absolutely. Brass screws with the slots all in line is the
DP| *only* way.

Pfft. Countersink, generic pozi's. Wood filler then cover in magnolia.
Jobsa.

Tosh. The alternative if brass screws aren't suitable is to cover the
nasty screws with wood plugs carefully cut from as close to the original
grain as possible.

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Screw in sink Nozza UK diy 8 December 23rd 03 01:26 AM
Screw Fix delivery times Maximus Glutimus UK diy 27 September 2nd 03 10:36 PM
imperial grub screw BAH UK diy 1 August 27th 03 11:45 PM