Stuart

Default Mitre Stop Available Anywhere .

Having five doors to cut and mitre mouldings for in various lengths-16
pieces per door - I wondered if anyone manufactured an adjustable stop
device to avoid the need to make up lengths of timber with stop pieces on
.. The mitre saw has holes in the fence to fix the wood to but a more
useful device would be like two pieces of flat metal with one piece
sliding against the other ( fixed) piece with a means of tightening them
together where required .
Stuart
Paul Mc Cann

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:25:19 +0000, Stuart
wrote:

Having five doors to cut and mitre mouldings for in various lengths-16
pieces per door - I wondered if anyone manufactured an adjustable stop
device to avoid the need to make up lengths of timber with stop pieces on
. The mitre saw has holes in the fence to fix the wood to but a more
useful device would be like two pieces of flat metal with one piece
sliding against the other ( fixed) piece with a means of tightening them
together where required .
Stuart

What sort of mitre saw are you using ?

I have a manual Nobex for which I purchased a length stop to allow me
to repeatedly cut to the same length.

I also have a pull over mitre saw with a length stop on the back
fence.(Bought from Axminster) As this saw is relatively immobile I
find it easy to set up stops on adjacent worktop if going really
long.. Sometimes all that is needed is a heavy weight.

Paul Mc Cann
Stuart

wrote:

[...]

Thi is the one I have -a Proform 10" from Axminster .
http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=CCMS10

Stuart

Anyone recommend a compound mitre circular saw? Al Reynolds UK diy 2 December 17th 03 12:59 AM
Large coving mitre box? Philip Kime UK diy 8 November 19th 03 12:26 AM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM