Paul Mc Cann

Default Mitre Stop Available Anywhere .

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:25:19 +0000, Stuart
wrote:

Having five doors to cut and mitre mouldings for in various lengths-16
pieces per door - I wondered if anyone manufactured an adjustable stop
device to avoid the need to make up lengths of timber with stop pieces on
. The mitre saw has holes in the fence to fix the wood to but a more
useful device would be like two pieces of flat metal with one piece
sliding against the other ( fixed) piece with a means of tightening them
together where required .
Stuart

What sort of mitre saw are you using ?

I have a manual Nobex for which I purchased a length stop to allow me
to repeatedly cut to the same length.

I also have a pull over mitre saw with a length stop on the back
fence.(Bought from Axminster) As this saw is relatively immobile I
find it easy to set up stops on adjacent worktop if going really
long.. Sometimes all that is needed is a heavy weight.

Paul Mc Cann