Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Twin and Earth into Flex

My daughter's house has a room with a vaulted ceiling in one room. It is
rather hopelessly lit with a couple of wall lights and a couple of Gu9
lights at one end of a couple of joists near the apex.

We had thought of replacing the GU9 lamps with some suspended pendants.

Currently the twin and earth goes into the GU9 fittings which I would
remove.

How would you suggest I make a connection between the T&E and one or two
flexes for the pendants? Would a Wago do it properly - in an enclosure. Or
should I extend the T&E to a ceiling rose in the centre and take the
pendants from that?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 28 October 2016 23:55:04 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
My daughter's house has a room with a vaulted ceiling in one room. It is
rather hopelessly lit with a couple of wall lights and a couple of Gu9
lights at one end of a couple of joists near the apex.

We had thought of replacing the GU9 lamps with some suspended pendants.

Currently the twin and earth goes into the GU9 fittings which I would
remove.

How would you suggest I make a connection between the T&E and one or two
flexes for the pendants? Would a Wago do it properly - in an enclosure. Or
should I extend the T&E to a ceiling rose in the centre and take the
pendants from that?

Ceiling rose.

https://www.ryness.co.uk/ceiling-roses
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote in news:9d6e723f-4446-48e3-bf91-
:

https://www.ryness.co.uk/ceiling-roses

I should have said - the surface with the T&E is the angled back face of a
joist, and I may want two flexes to two pendants (each)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/28/2016 11:55 PM, DerbyBorn wrote:
My daughter's house has a room with a vaulted ceiling in one room. It is
rather hopelessly lit with a couple of wall lights and a couple of Gu9
lights at one end of a couple of joists near the apex.

We had thought of replacing the GU9 lamps with some suspended pendants.

Currently the twin and earth goes into the GU9 fittings which I would
remove.

How would you suggest I make a connection between the T&E and one or two
flexes for the pendants? Would a Wago do it properly - in an enclosure. Or
should I extend the T&E to a ceiling rose in the centre and take the
pendants from that?

Either, whatever looks best? Wago lever would be fine for the connection
but chocolate blocks might be slightly smaller. Assume you would use
plastic lampholders. Need suitable strain relief if you are planning
catinaries of flex.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
My daughter's house has a room with a vaulted ceiling in one room. It is
rather hopelessly lit with a couple of wall lights and a couple of Gu9
lights at one end of a couple of joists near the apex.

We had thought of replacing the GU9 lamps with some suspended pendants.

Currently the twin and earth goes into the GU9 fittings which I would
remove.

How would you suggest I make a connection between the T&E and one or two
flexes for the pendants? Would a Wago do it properly - in an enclosure. Or
should I extend the T&E to a ceiling rose in the centre and take the
pendants from that?

I'd use ceiling roses. They provide strain relief for flex. And are also
designed to look ok - unlike most other enclosures.

--
*What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.