Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY fun

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

Not subject to Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986, you
see.

Wrong.

They can't touch you for it.

Wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 20:03:46 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 03:56:10 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 20:55:51 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:

I thought he might take more care with his personal details after
recently discovering a couple of strange phantom withdrawals from
bank accounts.

His home address is easily found.
Simon is a cyclist. Cyclists are not very bright.

Their lights are TOO bright.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvZH3oiXgAELBC8.jpg

He's right. And that is totally illegal.

Yet when you shine the same brightness back at them from your car
headlights, they get upset.

The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

It's not legal to drive around with full beam on, however it is legal if
you rename them as "daytime running lights".

Not at night it isnt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I thought he might take more care with his personal details after
recently discovering a couple of strange phantom withdrawals from
bank accounts.

His home address is easily found.
Simon is a cyclist. Cyclists are not very bright.

Their lights are TOO bright.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvZH3oiXgAELBC8.jpg

He's right. And that is totally illegal.

Yet when you shine the same brightness back at them from your car
headlights, they get upset.

The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

It's not legal to drive around with full beam on, however it is legal if
you rename them as "daytime running lights".

Not at night it isnt.

Just as annoying in the daytime, especially when they obscure the indicator.

--
A mute walks into a drugstore (chemist) to buy package of prophylactics. Unable to tell the pharmacist what he wants, he puts a $5.00 bill on the counter, unzips his pants, and puts his dick on the counter and points to it.

The pharmacist watches, unzips his own fly, puts his dick on the counter, puts a ruler down next to both of them, points out that his is 1 inch longer and takes the mute's $5.00 bill.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I thought he might take more care with his personal details
after
recently discovering a couple of strange phantom withdrawals
from
bank accounts.

His home address is easily found.
Simon is a cyclist. Cyclists are not very bright.

Their lights are TOO bright.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvZH3oiXgAELBC8.jpg

He's right. And that is totally illegal.

Yet when you shine the same brightness back at them from your car
headlights, they get upset.

The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

It's not legal to drive around with full beam on, however it is legal if
you rename them as "daytime running lights".

Not at night it isnt.

Just as annoying in the daytime,

BULL****.

especially when they obscure the indicator.

They don't with any decently designed car.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 22:09:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

It's not legal to drive around with full beam on, however it is legal if you rename them as "daytime running lights".

Some idiots think their front fog lights are the same as DRLs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 05:12, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 27 October 2016 22:09:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

It's not legal to drive around with full beam on, however it is legal if you rename them as "daytime running lights".

Some idiots think their front fog lights are the same as DRLs.

even more idiots think that high-intensity rear lights can be used when
it is raining.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 19:08, Andrew wrote:
even more idiots think that high-intensity rear lights can be used when
it is raining.

Where is the prohibition on doing so?

Of course, it would be thoughtless and possibly illegal if it is also
reasonably clear visibility. You can get rain at the same time as at
least heavy mist and vast amounts of spray.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 28 October 2016 19:18:13 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:08, Andrew wrote:
even more idiots think that high-intensity rear lights can be used when
it is raining.

Where is the prohibition on doing so?

Fog lights Rule 236

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 19:18, polygonum wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:08, Andrew wrote:
even more idiots think that high-intensity rear lights can be used when
it is raining.

Where is the prohibition on doing so?

The law says they can only be used in FOG.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Like **** it does.

"Rule 236

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously
reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure
your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves. "

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-high...to-237#rule236

3 Rear fog lamp

(a) Used so as to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to the driver of a
following vehicle.

(b) Used so as to be lit at any time other than in conditions of
seriously reduced visibility.

(c) Save in the case of an emergency vehicle, used so as to be lit when
a vehicle is parked.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/27/made

Serious reduction in visibility can occur when here is very heavy rain
and spray and most especially when it is already misty.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 05:12:15 +0100, Simon Mason
wrote:
On Thursday, 27 October 2016 22:09:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

It's not legal to drive around with full beam on, however it is
legal if you rename them as "daytime running lights".

Some idiots think their front fog lights are the same as DRLs.

Mine keep coming on, as my stupidly designed Renault has a very soft
touch twist switch for them on the indicator stalk. If I indicate
and my side/headlights are on, I often turn the fogs on, and they
stay on until I notice an extra green light on the dash.

You have often slagged off French cars. Then you borrow 250 quid and buy
one!
After all Mr Hucker, you are claiming back the VAT on your fuel - so you
must be big time!
Then there is your tax credits to take into account. You really must be a
high roller.
Clocks go forward tonight by one hour, don't forget now.
Dark days.
I hold grudges.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 20:56, polygonum wrote:
On 28/10/2016 20:08, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:18, polygonum wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:08, Andrew wrote:
even more idiots think that high-intensity rear lights can be used when
it is raining.

Where is the prohibition on doing so?

The law says they can only be used in FOG.

Like **** it does.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/27/made 3a

You can't dazzle any other road user so you can only use rear fog lights
in FOG.
If you use them any other time you will dazzle other road users.

Front fog lights can also be used in falling snow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 28 October 2016 21:03:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Clocks go forward tonight by one hour, don't forget now.

The clocks go BACK one hour on SUNDAY.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 21:23, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 28 October 2016 21:03:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Clocks go forward tonight by one hour, don't forget now.

The clocks go BACK one hour on SUNDAY.

He was jesting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 28 October 2016 21:03:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Clocks go forward tonight by one hour, don't forget now.

The clocks go BACK one hour on SUNDAY.

No they don't!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 21:22, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/10/2016 20:56, polygonum wrote:
On 28/10/2016 20:08, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:18, polygonum wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:08, Andrew wrote:
even more idiots think that high-intensity rear lights can be used
when
it is raining.

Where is the prohibition on doing so?

The law says they can only be used in FOG.

Like **** it does.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/27/made 3a

You can't dazzle any other road user so you can only use rear fog lights
in FOG.
If you use them any other time you will dazzle other road users.

Front fog lights can also be used in falling snow.

There have been times on the motorway where the spray has been so thick
that I have been unable to see even high intensity rear foglamps on
vehicles ahead. That has not been fog. In those conditions it has been
appropriate for them, and me, to switch on our high intensity rear foglamps.

If they had meant "only in fog" they had every opportunity to put those
words into the legislation and the highway code. They didn't.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 21:31, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bod wrote:
On 28/10/2016 21:23, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 28 October 2016 21:03:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Clocks go forward tonight by one hour, don't forget now.

The clocks go BACK one hour on SUNDAY.

He was jesting.

Good evening Bod.

Good evening, Steve.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 05:12, Simon Mason wrote:
Some idiots think their front fog lights are the same as DRLs.

Go on, then, how are they different?

Before you answer go and look at an Audi's LED DRLs.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Thursday, 27 October 2016 22:09:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

It's not legal to drive around with full beam on, however it is
legal if you rename them as "daytime running lights".

Some idiots think their front fog lights are the same as DRLs.

Mine keep coming on, as my stupidly designed Renault has a very soft
touch twist switch for them on the indicator stalk. If I indicate
and my side/headlights are on, I often turn the fogs on, and they
stay on until I notice an extra green light on the dash.

You have often slagged off French cars. Then you borrow 250 quid and buy
one!

It was a good deal. It was a lot more than £250 and has not done many miles.

After all Mr Hucker, you are claiming back the VAT on your fuel - so you
must be big time!

Big time?

Then there is your tax credits to take into account. You really must be a
high roller.
Clocks go forward tonight by one hour, don't forget now.

Very funny.

Dark days.

You keep saying that....

I hold grudges.

There is nothing for you to hold a grudge for.

--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bod wrote:
On 28/10/2016 21:23, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 28 October 2016 21:03:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Clocks go forward tonight by one hour, don't forget now.

The clocks go BACK one hour on SUNDAY.

He was jesting.

Good evening Bod.

Good evening, Steve.

Stop being polite, you'll confuse him.

--
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Thursday, 27 October 2016 22:09:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
The car headlights are legal because they have a cutoff.

That steaming turd doesn't and can't either.

It's not legal to drive around with full beam on, however it is
legal if you rename them as "daytime running lights".

Some idiots think their front fog lights are the same as DRLs.

Mine keep coming on, as my stupidly designed Renault has a very soft
touch twist switch for them on the indicator stalk. If I indicate
and my side/headlights are on, I often turn the fogs on, and they
stay on until I notice an extra green light on the dash.

You have often slagged off French cars. Then you borrow 250 quid and buy
one!

Did you crash your Micra aswell as your van? Is that why you bought a new one?

--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 28 October 2016 22:00:01 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 28/10/2016 05:12, Simon Mason wrote:
Some idiots think their front fog lights are the same as DRLs.

Go on, then, how are they different?

Before you answer go and look at an Audi's LED DRLs.

Fog lights are designed to point DOWN so they illuminate UNDER the fog and light up the road, but when the road is wet, this light bounces back up and dazzles oncoming traffic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/2016 21:22, dennis@home wrote:

Front fog lights can also be used in falling snow.

I find it makes visibility worse, like main beam, as it just reflects
off the snow and blinds you.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/10/2016 07:59, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

On 28/10/2016 21:22, dennis@home wrote:

Front fog lights can also be used in falling snow.

I find it makes visibility worse, like main beam, as it just reflects
off the snow and blinds you.

It may dazzle but you (well most) can actually see more with the
headlights on if you test it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , polygonum
scribeth thus
On 28/10/2016 20:08, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:18, polygonum wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:08, Andrew wrote:
even more idiots think that high-intensity rear lights can be used when
it is raining.

Where is the prohibition on doing so?

The law says they can only be used in FOG.

Like **** it does.

"Rule 236

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously
reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure
your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves. "

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-high...verse-weather-
conditions-226-to-237#rule236

3 Rear fog lamp

(a) Used so as to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to the driver of a
following vehicle.

Is there an exemption for sing it on some ****wit who is tailgating that
close he's almost hooked on your towbar;?...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 23 October 2016 19:01:24 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Go drive a taxi for four days per week. It will get you away from your
keyboard.

How does this look?

http://eclipsejobs.recruitment-softw...s.aspx?id=9436

My CV.

CV
Simon John Mason
DOB: 30 OCT 1958
HU10 7EJ
FULL CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE

Grad RSC at HCHE 1981.

Laboratory Technician 1 DEC 1975 €“ 1 NOV 1985
Croda Premier Oils, Stoneferry, Hull
Edible Oil and Oilseed Analysis

Laboratory Technician 1 NOV 1985 €“ 19 OCT 1987
Cargill Premier Oils, Stoneferry, Hull
Edible Oil and Oilseed Analysis

Laboratory Analyst/Supervisor 21 OCT 1987 €“ 30 OCT 2014
BP Chemicals, Saltend
AAS/DIONEX/HPLC/Particle Size/ICP-ES/XRF/GC/Wet Analysis/KF/TOC analysis/DIONEX/FTIR/IR/Manual Handling/Confined Space Gas Testing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo om,
dennis@home.? escribió:

It may dazzle but you (well most) can actually see more with the
headlights on if you test it.

I'll gibe it a go next time, though it's a very long time since I drove
in snow. Global warming? Bring it on!

Ta.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Like you must have got kicked out for a reason.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/10/2016 16:12, tony sayer wrote:
In article , polygonum
scribeth thus
[...]

I think I'd like a very bright rear-facing sign with variable text -
starting with something almost polite and descending to the gutter if
they take no notice. Legal? Of course not.

I really, really fail to understand. Today, 40 mph limit out of town. Me
doing exactly 40. Pillock gets closer and closer. National speed limit
sign, I accelerate to 60 reasonably briskly but far from flooring it. A
mile later, the pillock is hardly visible in my rear view. All this on a
nice wide, fairly quiet road with excellent surface, visibility,
opportunity to overtake only a few yards further down the road.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo om,
dennis@home.? escribió:

It may dazzle but you (well most) can actually see more with the
headlights on if you test it.

I'll gibe it a go next time, though it's a very long time since I drove
in snow. Global warming? Bring it on!

Ta.

The wider the gap between the beam axis and your visual axis the less light
will bounce back directly into your eyes.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/10/16 19:52, polygonum wrote:
I really, really fail to understand. Today, 40 mph limit out of town. Me
doing exactly 40. Pillock gets closer and closer. National speed limit
sign, I accelerate to 60 reasonably briskly but far from flooring it. A
mile later, the pillock is hardly visible in my rear view. All this on a
nice wide, fairly quiet road with excellent surface, visibility,
opportunity to overtake only a few yards further down the road.

I remember driving with my ex FIL.

He started at 45, and he maintained that speed despite 30mph speed
limits, or indeed lack of them.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 29 October 2016 19:45:28 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Laboratory Analyst/Supervisor 21 OCT 1987 €“ 30 OCT 2014
BP Chemicals, Saltend
AAS/DIONEX/HPLC/Particle Size/ICP-ES/XRF/GC/Wet Analysis/KF/TOC
analysis/DIONEX/FTIR/IR/Manual Handling/Confined Space Gas Testing.

Like you must have got kicked out for a reason.

I jumped off a bridge and after a year on full sick pay, I didn't fancy going back writing methods at a desk, so I left of my own accord.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 29 October 2016 19:45:28 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Laboratory Analyst/Supervisor 21 OCT 1987 €“ 30 OCT 2014
BP Chemicals, Saltend
AAS/DIONEX/HPLC/Particle Size/ICP-ES/XRF/GC/Wet Analysis/KF/TOC
analysis/DIONEX/FTIR/IR/Manual Handling/Confined Space Gas Testing.

Like you must have got kicked out for a reason.

I jumped off a bridge and after a year on full sick pay,

Not a great idea to tell someone you are applying to that.

I didn't fancy going back writing methods
at a desk, so I left of my own accord.

And they will decide that that is a lie and that you actually got the bums
rush.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/10/2016 17:49, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

So, how does this make you an 'expert' on the BP share price ?.

The simple fact is all commodity stocks were massively oversold in Feb
2016 because of the economic oil war that Saudi is engineering, plus
the wobbles that China has experienced since July 2014.

QED, buying almost any commodity stock was a one way bet at that time,
even Anglo American is up about 5 times. BP only managed a 40% uplift.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 29 October 2016 20:47:34 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

So, how does this make you an 'expert' on the BP share price?

It does not take a genius, for example, I sold all of my shares on 22 APR 10 for £6-22 and made a bomb, especially buying a load back at £3-00 in July 2010 and selling them at £5-20 when we got into bed with Rosneft on 21 MAR 13.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 20:15:51 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Riding a bike again is my next goal - might slip out at 0500 tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS2j8j7DgjM

Woolly took his own life as well.

Yeah, its actually the leading cause of death in that age group now.

http://www.bjharvest.co.uk/woolly.htm

First bike ride in three years at 0800 on my 58 b/day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwALKIrW8AAXcFP.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Riding a bike again is my next goal - might slip out at 0500 tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS2j8j7DgjM

Woolly took his own life as well.

Yeah, its actually the leading cause of death in that age group now.

http://www.bjharvest.co.uk/woolly.htm

First bike ride in three years at 0800 on my 58 b/day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwALKIrW8AAXcFP.jpg

Must be mad. Much too easy to get run over.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Riding a bike again is my next goal - might slip out at 0500 tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS2j8j7DgjM

Woolly took his own life as well.

Yeah, its actually the leading cause of death in that age group now.

http://www.bjharvest.co.uk/woolly.htm

First bike ride in three years at 0800 on my 58 b/day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwALKIrW8AAXcFP.jpg

Must be mad. Much too easy to get run over.

Sorry, that was uncalled for.

Congratulations.