Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Felt

Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Lang" wrote in message
Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

baize cloth?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:

Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called?

Baize? Or thicker than that?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2016 21:49, David Lang wrote:
Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

Do you mean baize?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baize

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/16 21:55, Andy Burns wrote:
David Lang wrote:

Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called?

Baize? Or thicker than that?

Think baize can be reasonably thick/.

To cover e.g. wood - chip or ply, use slightly thinned PVA brushed on
and then weight it all down overnight.

Copydex - the rubbery **** that stinks of ammonia - is the way to finish
the edges off.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Baize? Or thicker than that?

Think baize can be reasonably thick

You're right, various eBay sellers have "3mm Thick Acrylic Felt Baize"
which may fit the bill ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2016 21:54, bm wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message
Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

baize cloth?

I imagine baize to be rather thin & felt to be thicker? I'll have a
Google, ta.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2016 22:14, David Lang wrote:
On 12/10/2016 21:54, bm wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message
Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

baize cloth?

I imagine baize to be rather thin & felt to be thicker? I'll have a
Google, ta.

I can only find baize for snooker tables etc, the stuff in glaziers is
grey & quite thick.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In other wrds, he has a long felt want?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"David Lang" wrote in message
Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

In other wrds, he has a long felt want?

I'd have you publicly flogged for that, if you
hadn't enjoyed that so much the last time.

David Lang wrote

Got a customer who wants a work bench made
& covered in felt - like they use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2016 21:49, David Lang wrote:
Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

Ask a glazier? Radical idea or what?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:
Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they
use in glass shops.

Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.

I googled "Glaziers Felt"
A radical approach I know but describing what it is usually works with
Google.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:

David Lang wrote:

Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like
they use in glass shops. Any idea what it's called?

I googled "Glaziers Felt"

So did I, it came up with a few Alibaba hits where the MoQ was measured
in kilometers ...

GAF TRI-PLY PLY 4 Roofing Felt Davej Home Repair 5 June 22nd 12 10:51 PM
Where do I get this felt weatherstripping? [email protected] Home Repair 7 April 6th 07 06:28 AM
HAVE YOU EVER FELT LIKE THIS? James R. Shields Woodturning 2 September 22nd 06 05:28 AM
No felt [email protected] UK diy 19 June 5th 06 10:17 AM
to felt or not? jonfechner Home Repair 4 May 23rd 06 02:13 AM