Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default HAVE YOU EVER FELT LIKE THIS?

I'M NOT ALLOWED TO RUN THE TRAIN
OR SEE HOW FAST IT WILL GO
I'M NOT ALLOWED TO LET OFF STEAM
OR MAKE THE WHISTLE BLOW
I DO NOT EXERCISE CONTROL
OR EVEN RING THE BELL
BUT LET THE DAMN THING JUMP THE TRACK
AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

You have just inadvertently described my everyday job............

"James R. Shields" wrote in message
I'M NOT ALLOWED TO RUN THE TRAIN
OR SEE HOW FAST IT WILL GO
I'M NOT ALLOWED TO LET OFF STEAM
OR MAKE THE WHISTLE BLOW
I DO NOT EXERCISE CONTROL
OR EVEN RING THE BELL
BUT LET THE DAMN THING JUMP THE TRACK
AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:04:14 +0000, James R. Shields wrote:

I'M NOT ALLOWED TO RUN THE TRAIN
OR SEE HOW FAST IT WILL GO
I'M NOT ALLOWED TO LET OFF STEAM
OR MAKE THE WHISTLE BLOW
I DO NOT EXERCISE CONTROL
OR EVEN RING THE BELL
BUT LET THE DAMN THING JUMP THE TRACK
AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL

I worked for Conrail for about 10 years ... that bit of doggerel is posted
all over the place. It was associated with the job of Trainmaster or
Yardmaster.

I WAS allowed to run the train ... I was a road/yard freight conductor.
And more than once pulled on the throttle while an engineer slept off an
encounter with John Barleycorn.

Bill

Felt Roofing? Ben UK diy 7 September 10th 12 12:58 PM
Shingles without felt? Joseph Meehan Home Repair 19 July 13th 05 05:18 PM
Overlapping of new/old roofing felt on an extension Dave UK diy 0 February 25th 05 07:54 PM
Question regarding roofing felt and drip cap!! Lee Bray Home Repair 5 October 29th 04 01:07 AM
Repair roofing felt from inside loft John Rumm UK diy 3 March 2nd 04 01:04 AM