Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Skirting board question

I ordered some white oak skirting board from Wickes a few weeks ago.
Wondering where it was, I checked my account to find that it is supposed
to have been delivered. Anyway, I'm fed up of exchanging emails with
nothing happening, and have decided to start looking elsewhere.

The thing is, I have already fitted some white oak architrave I bought
from them. It looks nice, and I want the skirting board to look the
same. If I do get some from somewhere else, will it all be 'basically
the same stuff'? I mean, do Wickes sell stuff specially made for them,
or do they sell the same stuff as everyone else?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/2016 12:28, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
I ordered some white oak skirting board from Wickes a few weeks ago.
Wondering where it was, I checked my account to find that it is supposed
to have been delivered. Anyway, I'm fed up of exchanging emails with
nothing happening, and have decided to start looking elsewhere.

The thing is, I have already fitted some white oak architrave I bought
from them. It looks nice, and I want the skirting board to look the
same. If I do get some from somewhere else, will it all be 'basically
the same stuff'? I mean, do Wickes sell stuff specially made for them,
or do they sell the same stuff as everyone else?

They do "badge engineer" some items, but generally it should be
available from other sources. Might be worth seeing if Travis Perkins
have what you need - chances are it will be the same supplier...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 07/10/2016 12:28, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
I ordered some white oak skirting board from Wickes a few weeks ago.
Wondering where it was, I checked my account to find that it is supposed
to have been delivered. Anyway, I'm fed up of exchanging emails with
nothing happening, and have decided to start looking elsewhere.

The thing is, I have already fitted some white oak architrave I bought
from them. It looks nice, and I want the skirting board to look the
same. If I do get some from somewhere else, will it all be 'basically
the same stuff'? I mean, do Wickes sell stuff specially made for them,
or do they sell the same stuff as everyone else?

They do "badge engineer" some items, but generally it should be
available from other sources. Might be worth seeing if Travis Perkins
have what you need - chances are it will be the same supplier...

Thanks! I'll take a look.

Skirting board woes Lobster UK diy 10 November 3rd 14 08:40 PM
Dumb question about skirting board... Pyriform UK diy 4 May 7th 08 11:18 AM
Skirting Board Tricia UK diy 5 April 26th 06 12:23 PM
Skirting board Chris Styles UK diy 8 February 8th 06 04:45 PM
Quick skirting board question John Greenwood UK diy 5 November 10th 03 03:13 PM