Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New ballcock question

While tying up the plastic ballcock arm in the loft, I rather stupidly
snapped it. I went out and got a brass one, which seems to be a much
stronger replacement, so no big deal. However, the new one is a lot
noisier than the old one. Again, that wouldn't be a big deal, but when
the tank is close to its full level, and the valve is near to closing,
the noise starts to fluctuate. I imagine that it has created some kind
of resonance in the water, and that adjusting the mains water cock will
get rid of it (I only open it about a single turn). But I have a
question about the new brass valve. The water comes out of a hole
drilled into the bottom of the valve body. Okay, I know it's got to
come out of somewhere, but since it just dribbles and splashes all over
the place, I'm wondering if perhaps there shouldn't at least be some
kind of nozzle to attempt to direct it (like the old plastic one had)?
Am I supposed to buy something else to finish it off? I'm thinking that
this might be contributing to the noise.

Leaking ballcock zxcvbob Home Repair 3 October 16th 06 01:46 PM
Is your ballcock hard? [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 28th 06 04:14 AM
ballcock problem ? Jethro_uk UK diy 0 December 12th 05 10:22 PM
Ballcock question Bob Minchin UK diy 7 January 6th 05 12:28 PM
Quietest ballcock? r.p.mcmurphy UK diy 8 October 29th 04 02:19 AM